Posted on Jun 1, 2021 by Mattinson Partnership
Job Ref: 20421
Job Title: Consultant Ecologist
The opportunity has arisen for a Consultant Ecologist to join a diverse team of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists working on some of the UK's most forward thinking and future focussed projects. As part of the expanding ecology team, you will be delivering ecological assessment and mitigation across a broad range of sectors, from habitat creation and management, to large scale infrastructure and construction schemes.
Role & Company:
Reporting to the Associate Director, you will be responsible for:
* Planning and undertaking a range of ecological survey and mitigation work in relation to development proposals, including Extended Phase 1 habitat surveys and protected species surveys.
* Producing high quality and accurate reports, including Ecological Appraisals, Protected Species Survey Reports and Mitigation Strategies.
* Project management including managing input of field ecologists and subcontractors.
You will also have the opportunity to focus on your professional development, work closely with your line manager to establish how to best utilise your skills and professional interests in line with their project portfolio.
A particularly appealing element of this opportunity is access to funding of innovative ideas that could positively impact the team's successful delivery of their work. They will financially back employee's ambitions to develop new ways of working and support them in their endeavours. This could be data recording techniques or machine learning software, for example.
Qualifications & Experience:
To be successful in post you will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work well with people at all levels, including colleagues, clients, contractors and regulators.
* Holder of Natural England personal survey licence/s
* Bachelor's Degree and/or Master's Degree in Ecology or related subject.
* Membership of CIEEM
* Proven professional ecology experience across a range of sectors - construction and infrastructure
* Full driving licence
In return for your efforts you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package including private medical insurance and a grade-related flexible benefits fund. After committed service you will also gain access to discretionary annual bonusses and further incentives, while benefitting from working alongside leading experts on delivering bespoke solutions to projects across the North West of England.
If this piques your interest, please get in touch with Ben Quilter on or at who will be happy to have a conversation in confidence and share more information on the role.