Head of Energy as a Service
Posted on Jun 1, 2021 by Igloo3
Head of Energy as a Service, Base Location: Glasgow, Reading or London locations Salary: negotiable but circa 80,000 + company car/cash allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing
This a key new role with a market leading integrated energy company targeting rapid growth in the evolving energy as a service sector (EaaS).
You'll drive a transformation process, focusing on local, smart energy solutions for B2B customers.
What is the Role?
Working for the Director of Digital Services and Strategy, the Head of Energy-as-a-Service will be accountable for positioning the company as a provider of choice in Energy-as-a-Service.
You'll leverage an aggregation, trading and balancing platform that will form a core part of the Energy-as-a-Service proposition and be responsible for both the proposition, and the on-going operations of the platform.
You will oversee the strategic direction of the platform and have P&L responsibility for its development. You'll directly manage supporting teams, including Business Development, Commercial, Project Development, Operations and support.
You'll also play a key role in interactions with the wider business, including the trading team and will be responsible for providing direction and oversight to these teams, ensuring the 5YP and targets set by management are met.
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Setting EaaS proposition and platform strategy, ensuring we remain competitive through pricing and innovation
* Designing and implementing business plans and strategies to promote the attainment of 5YP and business goals
* Ensuring proper governance processes followed through-out project lifecycle and properly costed/priced
* Overseeing Business Development activity to ensure opportunities are being pursued, supporting the development of these practices through partnering with Project Development Managers
* Managing and nurturing relationships with key stakeholders and partners/contractors
* Ultimate responsibility for ensuring customers are satisfied with business and performance in contracts
What do I need?
* To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
* Strong energy sector experience, ideally within the Distributed Energy space
* Fundamental Project Management knowledge and qualifications
* Excellent leadership expertise where you lead from the front and drive overall team performance
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage with partners, customers and stakeholders at various levels off seniority
* Detailed understanding of Distributed Energy and local integrated energy systems
* Self-motivation and a proactive working approach with the ability to deliver sound Management input both internally and externally to all levels
* Be operationally sound with excellent attention to detail
* Due to the nature of the role, a full driving licence is required.
The company offer a competitive base salary circa 80,000 per annum, a company car or allowance, performance bonus plus a generous range of benefits to support your financial and personal well-being.