Solar Business Development Manager
Posted on Jun 1, 2021 by Igloo3
Solar Business Development Manager - Clean tech scale-up, UK based with International remit, salary to 65,000 per annum plus bonus scheme and attractive benefits inc. share options
This is an exciting opportunity to help a UK renewable energy innovator scale their client & partnerships portfolio in the UK and in international markets.
The company have an innovative hybrid solar PVT system that helps businesses move towards zero carbon targets by generating clean electricity and hot water on site.
The company have recently secured significant scale up investment and are now growing their capacity to assist more clients.
Target customers are organisations and businesses with intensive power and heat consumption operations, e.g:
* Industrial / Manufacturing
* Hospitality / Leisure
* Public Sector / Social Housing
We're looking for an exceptionally driven, high-calibre individual with the capability to sell high value deals directly into end user organisations, and through the development of third-party global partnerships (sustainability consultants, architects, systems integrators etc).
You'll have a well-developed understanding of sustainbility, the renewable energy sector and relevant commercial legislative drivers and a successful track record selling high value complex solutions into the target markets.
The role will give you the opportunity to work with high-profile clients and partners globally, collaborate with government and key industry players along with exposure to the exciting and fast moving clean-tech sector.
If you are looking for a new challenge - to make a real impact within a dynamic scale-up - then this is your chance
What the jobs involve - key tasks
* Contributing to the strategic direction of the company and in particular their go-to-market strategy
* Understand client needs and identify business opportunities
* Develop new partnerships in the UK and globally, and collaborate with existing partners to engage a wide target client base
* Implement business development activities and achieve sales
* Work with the company's marketing, analyst and technical teams to define customer segments, develop target lists and run business development campaigns
* Represent the company in client meetings, conferences and trade shows
* Identify market trends and capture client feedback to inform the wider company's strategy and product development plans
* Inspire, motivate, coach and support team members; build strong and lasting partnerships with a range of customers
* Working with partners in the development of company's partnership proposition to help their customers work towards a zero-carbon future
* Relevant degree and/or masters
* Proven business development and sales skills with a track record in meeting and exceeding sales targets
* Experience of sustainable energy is desirable, ideally within the built environment
* A strong track record of developing effective relationships and working with multiple stakeholders
* A strong understand of the technical solutions to deliver low carbon commercial buildings
* Understanding the drivers behind tackling climate change and the ability to communicate the business case for renewables
* Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels
* Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close; entrepreneurial and action oriented, with a strong drive for results; critical thinking and decision-making skills with an ability to challenge the status quo
* Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
* Passionate about working towards a sustainable future and tackling climate change
* Able to visit UK based customers and partners with some overseas travel.
Base salary in the range 60,000 - 65,000 p.a. based on experience, plus bonus scheme and attractive benefits including company share scheme.