Solar Performance Analyst
Posted on Jun 1, 2021 by Igloo3
Solar Performance Analyst, Exeter, UK, Competitive salary based on experience, to 25,000 + bonus
This is an exciting opportunity with a high growth, integrated renewable energy firm who develop, build, operate and manage utility scale solar PV projects in the UK and abroad.
A Solar Performance Analyst is responsible for the timely response and investigation of faults on Solar PV installations, supporting field teams working on customer sites and managing and maintaining monitoring systems and services.
We are looking for a hands-on individual who is a natural problem solver with proficient data analytical skills and overall data accuracy. Reporting to the O&M manager, the desired candidate will be keen to join a fast-paced and friendly team to further progress their career in data analytics.
This role will cover the full spectrum of data management and analysis, from accurate client reporting to collating performance data and using it to help define and optimise operational strategies. Supporting existing third-party sites under O&M management and newly constructed internal assets coming over to O&M.
* Develop and maintain automation and analysis scripts using Python.
* Performing analysis of historic Solar PV data to ensure performance KPIs are achieved or exceeded, and contractual obligations are maintained.
* Develop internal visualization tools and reports to enable internal stakeholders to better understand their portfolios.
* Provide insight on client portfolios and identify trends across the business.
* Recommend changes and enhancements to current strategies.
* Suggest areas of focus to help improve performance.
* Engage with internal stakeholders to present findings and provide solutions.
* Provide analytical support across the business as and when required.
* Ensure accuracy of data and take ownership of initiatives.
* Have strong analytical skills, evidenced through previous experience.
* Have experience using analytical software.
* Possess excellent IT skills.
* Be proficient in Microsoft Excel.
* Working knowledge of Python
* Have great interpersonal skills and be able to communicate your ideas.
* Be a good problem solver.
* Have strong time management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects at once.
* Due to our office location a driver's license and own car will be necessary
* Experience working within the utility scale Solar Industry.
* A bachelor's degree in a numeric subject (Mathematics, Statistics, etc.) or equivalent
* Experience working within an Operations and Maintenance environment
* Experience working with CMMS systems.
* Experience in webpage automation using e.g., Selenium
Competitive salary to 25,000 plus bonus