DevOps Engineer - Linux Server
Posted on Jun 1, 2021 by Gazelle Global Consulting
Do you find it a challenge to deliver top performance to develop and manage a complex server infrastructure? Then this position is for you.
For our multinational clients, I am seeking for 'DevOps Engineer' for a 9+ month contract in Basisweg, Amsterdam or Heerlen
- As a Linux Server Specialist, within the function family DevOps Engineer, you are responsible for making available a standardized, robust, secure and up-to-date Linux base configuration on which the 'Processing Platform Designer Linux' in the customer chain can set up an application that is part of his business process.
- The Linux Server Specialist focuses mainly on the operating system itself, with Security Baseline Management, (Security) Patch Management, Update Management (of Agents or tooling), Life Cycle Management and (automated) standard services as the main focus.
- You are responsible for the basic setup (ESX-VM-OS) and you are the consultant who helps configure and set up the application.
How we want to do this:
- We work with the latest Open Source techniques to manage our Linux Servers. But also in the initial setup, we want to realize as much Self Service as possible in the future from request to delivery.
- You think out-of-the box, you have no 9-5 mentality (after all, our Servers need to be operational 24-*7) and you have a proactive attitude and passion for everything related to your field.
- That passion makes you inspiring to your colleagues and customers.
- Automation is in your DNA and you hate repetitive work.
- You have an impact like no other and know how to get your idea across the stage, by taking ownership.
- You want to continue to develop, you are result and cooperation oriented, you are enterprising and persuasive. -
- Because of your great analytical abilities and your strong organizational skills you are able to handle your work in a structured way, quickly, independently and carefully. And in our client's culture: "You can make mistakes" you have to learn from them.
Furthermore you bring along:
- Academic or HBO work and thinking level;
- Experience with Agile/Scrum working methods;
- Knowledge of Linux, Red Hat Satellite and Update and patch management;
- Knowledge of Identity, Policy and Audit (IPA);
- Experience with Python, Ansible, Puppet for automation purposes is a plus;
- Experience with Oracle would also be an advantage (the team consists of Linux and Oracle Specialists).
Please apply if you are interested and available