Posted on Jun 1, 2021 by Levy Associates Ltd
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The job holder will have the following key responsibilities and accountabilities:
* Development and maintenance of code
* Liaising with project managers and business users to understand and formulate business requirements where required;
* Designing solutions and applications in line with all relevant technical standards and with an emphasis on long-term supportability;
* Unit and system testing of applications after changes have been made and before these applications are moved to UAT;
* Adherence to IT Systems standards and practises:
o Ensuring all developments adhere to coding standards, development methodology standards, documentation standards, and any other standards as they may be set going forward;
o Ensuring all developments are using the current source control repository; and
* Taking a proactive role in how to improve development practises in the team and across the department;
* Work with other IT (infrastructure and development) teams;
* Production of documentation;
* Production of technical documentation;
* Ensure development is fully supportable, including the production of:
o Support documentation;
o Service desk take-on documentation; and
o BCP documentation.
* Good time management, written and verbal communication skills.
* Self motivated with record of being able to work without constant oversight.
* Flexible working approach and willingness to learn new applications and business lines.
* A methodical approach to problem solving and troubleshooting.
* Ability to work with developers and senior business users.
* Able to work independently and as part of a team.
* Self-starter, adaptable to changing business focus.
* Ability to deliver to deadlines.
* Willing to occasionally travel to other branch locations and the banks head office.
* Confidence to set technical direction for other team members.
Job Skills and Knowledge:
* Excellent knowledge of:
o SQL (pref. Sybase)
o Experience of working with Anvil Classic (including Forms&Actions).
* Experience working within a Repo/SecLending Front Office environment.
* Experience of business supporting vendor applications
* Understanding of Repo/SecLending business, trading processes, valuations and risk management
* Understanding of workflows, key controls and related operational risk exposure
* Desirable to have some experience working with the Anvil Classic (ARTS) System.
* Knowledge of the software system life cycle including system testing and user acceptance testing; this should have been gained through work on large scale web development projects;
Since 2000 Levy provides professional solutions to organizations ranging from tech start-ups to global players. From our offices in the UK and Amsterdam we have built an international local network of skilled employees professionals and contractors fuelled by our passion for connecting skills with projects. Over the years we have fulfilled over 1700 requirements and nowadays we consistently have 250+ professionals recruited and relocated from 14 countries allocated to various projects. Our strength is the way that we see and treat people. This will always be a key factor in our strategy for many years to come... multiplying by unity!
Do you feel like this challenge is the next step in your career? Then do not hesitate and reach out/apply directly!