Global Study Manager (f/m/d)
Posted on May 31, 2021 by ITech Consult
Global Study Manager - management/clinical/ Life Science / Oncology/ English
For our customer a big pharmaceutical company in Basel we are looking for a highly qualified Global Study Manager
The perfect candidate has a strong level of broad experience in running trials from the operational aspect (vendors, affiliate or CRO management, team work (and some budget experience useful). Also, the candidates need to be able to start working on studies immediately, there won't be much time for 'getting used to the work environment' etc.
Tasks & Responsibilities
As a Global Studies Manager (GSM) at Genentech, you will lead or contribute to one or more cross-functional global working groups, expert squads, and global Study Teams, which deliver all operational aspects of one or more studies through all phases and stages.
- DRIVE OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE by developing operational plans, creating and managing clinical study budget and overseeing the consistency of operations
- MANAGE VENDORS AND STAKEHOLDERS by managing relationships with vendors and cross-functional stakeholders. Oversee performance of vendors and third-party providers
- LEAD AND INFLUENCE by establishing yourself as a leader within the team, being recognized as a thought leader who inspires others to perform at their best and learn from best practices. You'll be shaping our capabilities and evolving your role overtime
- MANAGE RISK AND COMPLIANCE by developing site monitoring and risk mitigation strategies and ensuring your team adheres to all appropriate standards, including ICH/GCP and other regulations
- PLAN DEMAND AND SUPPLY by overseeing the resource management, forecast and maintenance of supplies needed to ensure sites have the necessary supplies to run clinical studies
- PROVIDE COUNTRY OVERSIGHT by leading feasibility assessments to ensure countries and sites are selected for participation in trials. Provide guidance to country operational reps during trials
You will succeed as a Global Studies Manager by leading, collaborating, and relaying your expertise to cross-functional partners.
- Apply your good knowledge of drug development process and respective regulations, including ICH and GCP guidelines
- Apply your organizing and problem-solving skills to plan and run efficient operational aspects of a study
- Motivate others to deliver against commitments, including leadership of global teams across diverse cultures and time zones to ensure successful collaboration
- Demonstrate agility and ability to perform in a highly fast-paced, Matrix environment where cross-team collaboration is crucial
- Leverage excellent verbal and written communication skills to motivate your team, negotiate with peers and partners and influence across stakeholders
- Advocate for what you and your team need to succeed
- Model the companies values in everything you do
- Minimum of 3/4 years in clinical trial management (working knowledge of drug development process and respective regulations, including ICH and GCP guidelines)
- Experience with budget management & oversight
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences
- Have a growth mindset and are excited about learning through experience
- Feel comfortable thinking on your feet and thrive in fast-paced, ambiguous and highly collaborative environments
- A self-starter who finds passion in achieving successful outcomes by leading, directing and inspiring peers
- Want to make a difference and find excitement in innovating practices, products and processes
You are talented and passionate. You are inspired by our mission and would fit in well with our collaborative, rigorous and entrepreneurial spirit.
Nice to haves:
. Oncology experience
Reference No.: 920345SGR
Role: Global Study Manager
Industry: Pharma Location: Basel
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT and Life Science candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.