Senior Energy Engineer
Posted on May 31, 2021 by Melbury Search
Delivering a range of profitable energy, water and carbon management consultancy services to high-profile corporate clients, with a focus on manufacturing and industrial.
These will include on-site deep dive assessments, development of net zero pathways, group programme support and supporting the implementation of data and software solutions.
- Project Management: Managing a range of energy and water reduction projects concurrently, ensuring successful delivery to the client on time, to quality and within an agreed budget.
- Technical: Leading the technical delivery of energy and water reduction audits at manufacturing sites with particular focus in the food and drink sector. Working with sites to develop metering and data collection solutions.
- Account Management: Maintaining positive relationships with existing clients and building lasting relationships with new clients, with the expectation of maintaining and, where possible, increasing revenues from key accounts.
- Business development: Identifying opportunities to either increase the value of existing accounts or by support to senior members of the team in targeted business development activities such as writing proposals and/or delivering technical webinars.
- Operational: Providing timely responses to operational needs including (but not limited to) time-sheeting, invoicing, reviews, project management information, health & safety etc. As a senior consultant there will also be an expectation to share knowledge to support the development of junior team members.
- Degree-level qualification in Engineering.
- Experience of energy management and auditing including onsite deep dive assessments, development of net zero pathways.
- Sound technical understanding of energy use in corporates (industrials and manufacturing) and the policy framework within which our energy clients operate - such as CCA, ESOS, EUETS, IPC permits.
- Knowledge of energy management systems (ISO50001), energy use in industrial systems (refrigeration, compressed air, boilers and steam systems), Production systems in manufacturing industry, Metering, Monitoring & Targeting, Electrical infrastructure & systems, Process Optimisation, Heat Recovery Systems, Renewable energy,
- Experience of managing complex or multi-client projects, key account management, managing bids and delivering proposals to deadlines.
- Masters or relevant post-graduate qualification.
- Chartered Engineer status and membership to professional institutions, such as IChemE, IMechE and EI.
- Knowledge of energy use in buildings (Boilers, HVAC, lighting, motors and drives, building management systems), Technology design & implementation, Measurement &verification, DSR and flexibility, Renewable energy technology design and implementation, CHP feasibility & design.
- Commercial experience in securing and negotiating business contracts, and supporting others to do the same.