Posted on May 31, 2021 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
We are looking for a highly motivated Sr. Data Engineer to join our growing technology team. You will be joining a group of customer focused problem solvers, who make sense out of our clients' data, transform it to meet our internal client needs and automate it to feed our technologies.
- Participate in all data related aspects of the consulting engagement life cycle, including discovery, implementation, measurement, and continuous improvements.
o Lead client data calls to communicate project data requirements.
o Load, analyze, and profile data received to understand what needs to be addressed via transformations and what needs additional involvement from the client.
o Design a data mart solution that will meet the data needs for discovery and implementation, while planning for longer term supporting needs of measurement and continuous improvements.
o Load the data into our proprietary Measurement tool (ProfitBuilder)
o Make the data available to the delivery team including Data Science Group and Profit Realization team
o Design inbound data merges for data refreshes
o Automate the full process to ensure it is repeatable, contains validation and proper notification/monitoring.
o Design and automate data pipelines into:
- Cloud hosted client facing dashboards.
- Modeling extracts for Continuous Improvement Models
- Services and Custom tools for online models and client facing interfaces.
o Support ongoing client data requests and additional automations.
o Troubleshoot production issues that maybe related to unexpected client data, bugs, or technical issues.
- As we invest in our data ingress process and technology:
o Contribute to and maintain data pipeline architecture.
o Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements.
o Assist in implementation of internal process improvements to make solutions more scalable and reliable.
o Building expertise in consuming 3rd party data for client specific analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience working as a Database developer, ETL Developer, BI Developer or similar role.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL)
- 3-5 year of SQLServer T-SQL experience
- Experience with SSIS or other ETL Tools
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Exceptional work ethic, judgment, business acumen, attention to detail, analytical skills, and problem-solving skills with the ability to make informed decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to simplify technical concepts and present to senior-level executives.
- Results-driven and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to impact company culture and meaningfully shape the vision of our company.
- Ability to train and delegate to summer analysts and junior team members.
- Experience with and understanding of agile methodologies such as Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
- Experience with cloud-based technologies and working in a cloud environment. Experience with Microsoft Azure is preferred.
- Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience with big data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools such as Azure Data Factory and Azure Databricks.
- Experience with Azure messaging services such as Event Grid, Event Hub, and Service Bus.
- Familiarity with NoSQL (document and key-value) database technologies.
- Understanding of JSON format and experience working with JSON documents.
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries utilizing a complete suite of staffing services. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting our website.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.