Posted on May 31, 2021 by Global Technology Solutions Ltd
We have an exciting opportunity for a network engineer to join a blue chip organisation in Cork on an initial 6 month contract
*Required Technical Skills:
* Study the existing setup as part of Site Assessment
o Hub room/IDF room, Rack space, Power, Cooling, UPS, Cabling assessment
o Identification of Structured Cabling requirements. ie identification of additional structured cabling, dressing and labelling requirements
o Collect the site inventory - Floor plan, Network diagram, Rack Layout, Network Assets, etc.
o Site survey for the fiber cable connectivity between IDF (Rack), and Buildings
* Collect the LAN port availability at user end, single or more, port connectivity, voice and data port connectivity
* Inspect hardware delivered in alignment with Bill of Material
* Coordinate Server room/IDF/MDF setup for the new infrastructure build that has been ordered by customer for respective MFG sites
* Rack mounting, POST of network devices. Validating that correct power cords have been delivered with the network devices
* Coordinate WiFi assessment and Access Point setup, testing with vendor
* IOS upgradation of network devices if required
* Experience supporting with Global network refresh, WAN upgradations type of projects
* Basic troubleshooting skills in either Network LAN/WAN or Windows server/Virtualization
* Mounting of wireless access points on the ceiling/wall
* Connecting devices to network to enable remote access
* Basic configuration of network devices (HPE Aruba MFG and ENT Core Switches, MFG and ENT Edge Switches, Wireless LAN Controllers, Wireless Access Points, Routers, etc) if required as per the guidance from team. ie Configuring IP address, hostname, DHCP, DNS reachability configuration, etc in the network devices
* Carrying out Acceptance Tests, Fine-tuning in coordination with other teams
* Testing: Functional test, redundancy & failover, Load test of WAN, LAN, Wireless, Routers, Switches, etc.
* Final Rack Layout and rack elevation with Cable Labelling, Network Diagram, Site Inventory
* Prepare the Installation report and submit for Signoff.
* Hands and feet support during the migration/cut-over
Good to have background:
Good understanding of network project implementation methodologies
Preferable to have experience in supporting new site build projects, SD WAN technology
Required Communication and Behavioral Skills:
* Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders across different time zones and drive effective outcomes
* Excellent Verbal, Written Communication and Presentation skills
So if you are a Network engineer looking for your next exciting contract please apply today!
In applying for this position, you consent to your personal data being shared with the specified employer and for your details to remain with GTS for as long as is necessary to process your application. See our Privacy Notice for full information
Global Technology Solutions is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.