SAP PP Lead
Posted on May 31, 2021 by Red - The Global SAP Solutions Provider
SAP PP Analyst Lead of Business Applications, Production Planning & Supplier Network position is a role in the SAP Delivery & Support Team that focuses on business and technology transformation to enable IT Portfolio Projects as well as Finance Transformation Initiatives at client. This role is responsible for providing leadership and hands on expertise in the architecture, design, configuration, and implementation of SAP ECC/S4 Production Planning & Supplier Network platform for global organization. The role will also be involved in contributing projects using client project methodology and driving global template and providing the necessary support for country specific localizations.
- Serves as a subject matter expert associated with content, processes, and procedures associated with Supplier Network and Production Planning/Execution process, eg SAP MII.
- Provides guidance for design alternatives and communication across functional and technical areas of projects, including best practices in handling end-to-end procurement process, vendor EDI management, Supplier Network platform implementation, and SAP MII enhancements/support
- Establishes and manages the scope and quality of the areas of responsibility.
- Processes design and/or leads across-board, complex, tightly integrated business processes, including integration, eg EDI, MII, Label tool integration eg Loftware
- Works with senior IT leadership to establish new and improve existing processes and procedures.
- Leads threads of projects and initiatives to deploy new functionality with Supplier Network platform, and/or enhance existing functionality in Production and Purchasing areas
- Supports and drives the application architecture in Supplier Network platform, S/4 SCM and/or influences business process change
- Sets expectations for area of responsibility, establishing priorities, and documenting potential scope changes that may impact project budget.
- Partners with Inhouse Development to coordinate cross-team resource allocation in support projects, change orders, and maintenance activities.
- Communicates SAP technical information in non-technical terms to all levels within the company.
- Works with external business partners when required.
- Follow procedures to monitor and report on SAP team's work and performance by measuring customer satisfaction, preparing progress reports, providing weekly status updates
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience of working in a Global organization, and partnership with offshore teams.
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science or Business discipline or equivalent work experience in a relevant business area (Business Administration, Logistic, etc).
- 6~8 years of global enterprise and/or consulting experience in SAP Production Planning areas, and support of a live manufacturing environment.
- SAP S/4 Production Planning Implementation experience is a plus.
- Core expertise in various SAP SCM areas such as inventory controlling, MRP (Material Requirement Planning), Purchasing process handling up to invoice control, PR/PO approval process, etc.
- Demonstrated work experience showcasing expertise in integration with other SAP processes in sales & distribution, SCM, and finance.
- Experience in integrated systems & plug-in, eg Shopfloor execution system - SAP MII, Label management tool - Loftware.
- Knowledge of workbench tools such as data dictionary and ABAP debug.
- Maintains a current awareness of SAP product developments and trends and determine how they can be used to enhance productivity within client.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Ability to perform process decomposition, root cause analysis, gap analysis and technical requirements definition.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, Excellent communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to determine methods on new assignments and provide guidance to other personnel.
- Able to drive the application architecture in SAP and/or influence business process change.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, as well as some project management skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally if required.
- Overtime if project deadlines dictate.