Global Study Manager
Posted on May 31, 2021 by NextLink Solutions
One of our global pharmaceutical clients based in Switzerland have an exciting project for a 'Global Study Manager ' to work for a 12 months contract with a possibility of extension. Please find the job details below for your reference.
- Start date: ASAP
- Duration: 1 year
- Work location: Basel, Switzerland
- Workload: 100%
- Remote/Home Office: Fully home office at the moment ( later onsite)
- Travelling: no
As a Global Studies Manager (GSM), you will lead or contribute to one or more cross-functional global working groups, expert squads, and global Study Teams, which deliver all operational aspects of one or more studies through all phases and stages.
- DRIVE OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE by developing operational plans, creating and managing clinical study budget and overseeing the consistency of operations
- MANAGE VENDORS AND STAKEHOLDERS by managing relationships with vendors and cross-functional stakeholders. Oversee performance of vendors and third-party providers
- LEAD AND INFLUENCE by establishing yourself as a leader within the team, being recognized as a thought leader who inspires others to perform at their best and learn from best practices. You'll be shaping our capabilities and evolving your role overtime
- MANAGE RISK AND COMPLIANCE by developing site monitoring and risk mitigation strategies and ensuring your team adheres to all appropriate standards, including ICH/GCP and other regulations
- PLAN DEMAND AND SUPPLY by overseeing the resource management, forecast and maintenance of supplies needed to ensure sites have the necessary supplies to run clinical studies
- PROVIDE COUNTRY OVERSIGHT by leading feasibility assessments to ensure countries and sites are selected for participation in trials. Provide guidance to country operational reps during trials
You will succeed as a Global Studies Manager by leading, collaborating, and relaying your expertise to cross-functional partners.
- Apply your good knowledge of drug development process and respective regulations, including ICH and GCP guidelines
- Apply your organizing and problem-solving skills to plan and run efficient operational aspects of a study
- Motivate others to deliver against commitments, including leadership of global teams across diverse cultures and time zones to ensure successful collaboration
- Demonstrate agility and ability to perform in a highly fast-paced, Matrix environment where cross-team collaboration is crucial
- Leverage excellent verbal and written communication skills to motivate your team, negotiate with peers and partners and influence across stakeholders
- Advocate for what you and your team need to succeed
- Model company values in everything you do
- Minimum of 3/4 years in clinical trial management (working knowledge of drug development process and respective regulations, including ICH and GCP guidelines) (*)
- Experience with budget management & oversight (*)
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences (*)
- Have a growth mindset and are excited about learning through experience
- Feel comfortable thinking on your feet and thrive in fast-paced, ambiguous and highly collaborative environments
- A self-starter who finds passion in achieving successful outcomes by leading, directing and inspiring peers
- Want to make a difference and find excitement in innovating practices, products and processes
- You are talented and passionate. You are inspired by our mission and would fit in well with our collaborative, rigorous and entrepreneurial spirit.
Nice to haves:
- Oncology experience (*)
If you are interested, please share your CV to (see below) or call to discuss in detail.