IT Architect (Blockchain Expert)
Posted on May 31, 2021 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Netherlands
Voor Equigy is Harvey Nash op zoek naar een IT Architect (Blockchain expert).
Startdate: As soon as possible
Duration: 24 months
Effort: 40 hours a week
Equigy plays a key role in the acceleration of the energy transition and the integration of the energy system. With the European crowd balancing platform, Equigy creates a trusted data exchange to enable aggregators to participate with smaller flexibility devices, such as home batteries and electric vehicles, in electricity balancing markets, turning consumers into prosumers. Owned by leading European transmission system operators, Equigy aims to set cross-industry standards throughouta Europe, to support a future-proof, reliable and cost-effective power system that is independent of fossil fuel-based flexibility sources.
To execute this, Equigy maintains and delivers the Crowd Balancing Platform. This platform is particularly aimed at including data on the level of devices to allow for validation and DSO involvement, thereby acting as an add-on to existing market data exchange. Equigy is growing. The purpose is to further attract other TSOs to join the shared mission. Setting this up in the many European national markets is a multi-year step-by-step approach. An agile way of working based on the principle of Scrum is crucial to manage this change in small steps. In order to keep bringing innovative solutions to the energy market and execute the increasing number of projects, we are looking for a IT architect .
As IT architect you perform a pivotal role in the realization of business value for the participating Equigy consortium partners. You are responsible for designing the architecture of future platform innovations. In new projects, you apply and adapt the existing architecture by executing gap analyses between the Country TSO (functional and non-functional) requirements and the existing capabilities of the Crowd Balancing Platform. This also includes connections to existing IT landscapes and any considerations with regard to the whole set of business architecture, data architecture, application architecture and technical/infrastructure architecture, including the integration into Country TSO and national markets IT landscapes. Your effort is important for the company as your efforts are at the heart of the innovative technical platform that is aimed at enabling energy market change on a European scale.
. Contributes to Equigy's IT strategy in accordance with business strategy and business development.
. Defines and aligns data, IT stack and organization with their business strategy.
* Works on the enterprise architecture as well as the solution architecture of the various projects, together with the existing enterprise architect and solution architect.
* Performs gap analyses of new developments on the existing platform architecture, takes additional architecture decisions where needed.
* Works together with the solution architect in further elaborating the solution architecture and guiding the DevOps team towards realization.
Works together with the business consultants, product owner, Country TSO architects and Country TSO subject matter experts to prepare new projects in defining features and nonfunctional Requirements and in preparing the architecture accordingly.
Organizes and (co-)chairs cross-TSO architecture meetings, like architecture sounding boards. Contributes to Equigy's strategic roadmap, by bringing in new ideas on relevant future innovations.
Contributes to standardization and innovation initiatives by taking decisions on platform scoping, information standards and technical setup.
. Actively contributes to Equigy's thought leadership, for instance by creating white papers and by actively following technological developments in the area of for instance blockchain and electric mobility.
* Participates in business development meetings with other TSOs and/or market parties.
. Is a linking pin between Country TSO IT stakeholders and Equigy's technical staff.
. Ensures requirements are well understood by the team and participates any relevant scrum events where input is required.
Has an understanding of the Energy market in general and balancing/congestion management services specifically.
* Master's degree, preferably in IT/information science related fields.
* At least 10 years of experience in IT architecture.
. Expert on blockchain technology, preferably Hyperledger fabric based.
* Proficient in cloud computing and infrastructure management related architecture.
. Broad knowledge of other mainstream technologies in the area of for instance data processing, data storage, microservices, APIs, security.
* Certifications for TOGAF© and SAFe © are recommended
. Experience in international teams and or organizations.
. Experience in working with external IT suppliers (IT tendering procedures and/or external IT delivery) is recommended.
* Leadership skills to take lead in different IT architecture settings, both internal at Equigy as in external meetings.
. Able to work in an agile/scrum framework.
* Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively.
. Entrepreneurial and self-organizing attitude, especially since Equigy team is spread across Europe.
* Good relationship skills, will interface with TSO staff of different nationalities.
. Fluent in English.
* Willingness to travel for short transfers if required.