IT Security Analyst
Posted on May 31, 2021 by Base 3
This is a security analysts role where you will define, require and monitor the applicable cyber-security controls to protect different data sources according to data attributes such as the classification, criticality, nature of the data and the storage as well as the location (on-premise or in the cloud).
Qualifications, Skills and experience:
A combination of several of the below should be covered:
- IT-security professional with solid experience in the infrastructure security domain, in the IT application security domain or in the data security domain.
- Extensive knowledge of market standard control framework like the CIS TOP20, NIST 800-53 Rev.5, ISO 27001/27002, SWIFT CSCF, FISR (aka FML),
- Knowledge of Data Protection controls such as encryption (DAR, DIM, DIU), data hashing, data signing, data anonymisation, DRM, DLP, CASB, data access governance, etc.
- Experience in IT Risk Assessment, Control efficiency check-up and risk management
- Understand the difference between an inherent risk, a residual risk and an inefficient control; risk addressing and risk mitigation
- Experience with SQL, Datamodelling and technical documentation
- Cybersecurity training and certification in CISSP, CISA, SSCP, GSEC, SANS or equivalent is a plus.
- Able to solve complex problems
- Creative and sees the bigger picture when addressing issues
- Team player, hierarchy respectful
- Works proactively, thereby keeping possible problems from affecting the overall functioning of the team and make sure the team is successful to deliver the solution
- Proficient oral and written communications skills in English, sharing strategy and vision with both peers and management.
- Drive and energy, entrepreneurial attitude, hands-on mentality