Data Governance Professional/Expert (Collibra)
Posted on May 30, 2021 by Salt
Data Governance Professional/Expert (Collibra Data) -Banking Client - Brussels
Rate: €700 - €750 per day
Duration: 6 months initially
Remote working/Inside IR35
You will be joining the Data Management Office department (headed by the Chief Data Officer, part of the Data Services division which reports to both the Chief Information Officer and the Chief Business Officer).
The Data Management Office team (DMO) is a multi-disciplinary group of experts with experience and interest in data as a business asset.
The DMO is in charge of
- Organizing the end to end data quality management by (1) coordinating the data quality managers, (2) manage company-wide data quality dashboards, (3) prioritize and plan resolution of quality issues.
- Owning the present Data Governance & Management board policy for all entities of the Euroclear Group, including its organization, implementation and maintenance. This covers amongst others definition of roles and responsibilities, Meta-data Management and Lineage (a.k.a "Data Management Framework").
- Maintaining and validating transversal information taxonomies.
- Ensuring the coherence of Data Management Methods and Tools between different divisions/departments, and between business & technology.
- Coaching the assigned business data owners and data stewards in the business.
- Assisting and supporting the meta-data documentation and management (eg data dictionaries, data traceability/lineage, data sharing agreements)
Your role in the Data Management Office
Manage different use cases to bring additional critical data under governance:
- identify the critical data in a certain domain,
- define the business terms,
- link them to technical data elements,
- trace the data to its origin,
- define and measure data quality
- assign data ownership
Bring expertise from previous projects on data management practices
- Work together with the existing team to improve our approach of bringing data under governance, ensuring transversal alignment with other use cases
- Documenting data flows/traceability for risk reports in scope;
- Documentation of the data sharing agreements in scope on data domains
- Progressing on the roll out of the in-house data traceability methodology (notably steps involving interactions with other divisions);
- Synchronize with all divisions concerned regulatory reporting topics through the organization of (virtual) workshops;
- On-board the clients internal data experts and ensure handover to internal stakeholders;
- Implementing data quality controls on data domains in scope
Identify and log potential opportunities and issues during the exercise to report during workshops and provide input to data quality committees
- Organize/attend weekly meetings with project management and participate every two weeks in a work stream board meeting.
- As a member of the Data Management Office, you are part of the team that actively contributes to harness the strategic data opportunities at the bank, transforming the company to realign the data into one of the banks critical business assets. You report into the CDO.
- You actively contribute to rolling out the Group Data Management Program, as part of strategic objectives. You are able to cope with areas of various levels of complexity, which can typically span across functional/location lines. You contribute to the continuous improvement of the Data Management processes at the client
- You have knowledge about Data Governance: you understand the foundational concepts like databases, metadata, business glossary, data dictionary and traceability.
- You are eager to gain further experience in the field of Data Governance. You are a fast learner.
- You have Project Management experience. You are able to work with people from different areas (Business and IT) through strong inter-personal skills (active listening, empathy, influencing). You are a team-player with people focus and able to work with various colleagues across the organization.
- You have a passion for data and its added value for the client and you have the strong desire to transform the clients culture into a data culture. You apply a pragmatic approach to deliver results at a steady pace.
- A strong command of English is required.
- Having experience with Collibra Data Governance Centre (or a similar Data Governance solution) is an asset.
Please do send across to me the most up to date copy of your CV to (see below)