Data Governance Professional
Posted on May 30, 2021 by Base 3
You will be joining the Data Management Office department headed by the Chief Data Officer.
Your role in the Data Management Office
- Manage different use cases to bring additional critical data under governance:
- Bring expertise from previous projects on data management practices
- Work together with the existing team to improve our approach of bringing data under governance, ensuring transversal alignment with other use cases
- Documenting data flows/traceability for risk reports in scope;
- Documentation of the data sharing agreements in scope on data domains
- Progressing on the roll out of the in-house data traceability methodology (notably steps involving interactions with other divisions);
- Synchronize with all divisions concerned regulatory reporting topics through the organization of (virtual) workshops;
- On-board internal data experts and ensure handover to internal stakeholders;
- Implementing data quality controls on data domains in scope
- Identify and log potential opportunities and issues during the exercise to report during workshops and provide input to data quality committees
- Organize/attend weekly meetings with project management and participate every two weeks in a work stream board meeting.
- You have knowledge about Data Governance: you understand the foundational concepts like databases, metadata, business glossary, data dictionary and traceability.
- You are eager to gain further experience in the field of Data Governance. You are a fast learner.
- You have Project Management experience.
- You are able to work with people from different areas (Business and IT) through strong inter-personal skills (active listening, empathy, influencing).
- You are a team-player with people focus and able to work with various colleagues across the organization.
- You have a passion for data and its added value for the company and you have the strong desire to transform the company's culture into a data culture.
- You apply a pragmatic approach to deliver results at a steady pace.
- A strong command of English is required.
- Having experience with Collibra Data Governance Centre (or a similar Data Governance solution) is an asset.