Principal Engineer - Quant + Software architecture
Posted on May 30, 2021 by Stelfox Ltd
Stelfox is supporting the hiring/building of new teams for an Irish Start-up company focused on high value Financial engineering projects that require modern software engineering practices to be applied in order to delivery high performance and complex solutions to some of the largest financial institutions globally.
The company are signing up some major multi-year projects and we are looking to hire in a high performing agile team who enjoys working on challenging solutions within the niche of Investment/Financial instruments and applying real world software engineering concepts/best practices as part of digital transofrmation process for customers.
One of the first few hires for this team, we are looking to hire a highly experienced individual at a Principal engineering level who understand the worlds of financial engineering but also software/system architecture who delivery high performance distributed systems.
The roles will involve engaging with senior members of the customer team to scope out and define system/software architecture as well as identify gaps and opportunities within this scoping phase and give input into feasible solutions. This role is a combination of Consulting with cusotmers, Tech/Solution architecture and also hands-on coding to lead from the front with a small team behind you to support when executing on the deliverables being set out.
Outside of this role, we will be hiring Senior Backend engineers (Quant with C++/Python/Java) and also Junior to mid level engineers as we create a fully fledged team.
The company will be remote-first so candidates can be located/based anywhere in Ireland or potentially in EU depending on the timezone.
For this Principal Engineering role we are looking for:
- 12-16+ years commercial experience in Software engineering (Quant engineering, distrbuted systems, high performance Back End systems)
- Strong Computer science background with a solid understanding of the fundamentals (Data Structures, OO Design etc)
- Experience in Quant analysis, Quant development or understanding of financial instruments is a big advantage (Financial models,pricing, risk, analytics etc)
- Ideally multi-language experience - C++/Java/C#
- System/software architecture experience - ability to engage with decision makers at top level and create architecture design to support the team.
- Experience working with modern software engineering tooling and best practices for Automation, deployment pipelines, Cloud services etc is preferred.
- Strong communication is required and comfortable engaging with customers/clients directly.
This is an exciting time to get involved as you become part of an early stage startup with already paying customers focused on some of their most value technical projects internally with HQ as a trusted partner. It is a rare blend but also exciting as you can fully utilise all your experience and skills in this startup without the constraints of working in a global corporate organisation. Highly competitive salary packages are on offer for this new team so please feel free to get in touch and apply today for a confidential conversation.
We have a number of similar positions currently, and in the future, which we would like to discuss with you should you indicate your interest in this role. When we receive your application for this role, we will contact you to advise you of our process for other similar positions.
Your shared data will not be disclosed or transferred to a third party data controller or data processor located outside the EEA unless we have obtained your express consent.
We look forward to working with you.