Data Governance Consultant
Posted on May 29, 2021 by Orcan Intelligence
Data Governance Consultant
Your role in the Data Management Office
1. Manage different use cases to bring additional critical data under governance:
o identify the critical data in a certain domain,
o define the business terms,
o link them to technical data elements,
o trace the data to its origin,
o define and measure data quality
o assign data ownership
2. Bring expertise from previous projects on data management practices
3. Work together with the existing team to improve our approach of bringing data under governance, ensuring transversal alignment with other use cases
4. Documenting data flows/traceability for risk reports in scope;
5. Documentation of the data sharing agreements in scope on data domains
6. Progressing on the roll out of the in-house data traceability methodology (notably steps involving interactions with other divisions);
7. Synchronize with all divisions concerned regulatory reporting topics through the organization of (virtual) workshops;
8. On-board client's internal data experts and ensure handover to internal stakeholders;
9. Implementing data quality controls on data domains in scope
10. Identify and log potential opportunities and issues during the exercise to report during workshops and provide input to data quality committees
11. Organize/attend weekly meetings with project management and participate every two weeks in a work stream board meeting.
As a member of the Data Management Office, you are part of the team that actively contributes to harness the strategic data opportunities of our customer transforming the company to realign the data into a critical business assets. You report into the CDO.
You actively contribute to rolling out the Group Data Management Program, as part of the client's strategic objectives. You are able to cope with areas of various levels of complexity, which can typically span across functional/location lines. You contribute to the continuous improvement of the Data Management processes
You have knowledge about Data Governance: you understand the foundational concepts like databases, metadata, business glossary, data dictionary and traceability.
You are eager to gain further experience in the field of Data Governance. You are a fast learner.
You have Project Management experience. You are able to work with people from different areas (Business and IT) through strong inter-personal skills (active listening, empathy, influencing). You are a team-player with people focus and able to work with various colleagues across the organization.
You have a passion for data and its added value and you have the strong desire to transform the client's culture into a data culture. You apply a pragmatic approach to deliver results at a steady pace.
A strong command of English is required.
Having experience with Collibra Data Governance Centre (or a similar Data Governance solution) is an asset
If you have the required skill set and interested to apply, please send your CV now for immediate consideration