Data Analytics Engineer - Cloudera/Hadoop/Python
Posted on May 29, 2021 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
Data Analytics Engineer - Cloudera/Hadoop/Python/Financial Services - (w/m) this is a long term contract opportunity for an experienced Engineer to join globally operating Basel based company in the financial sector.
- 5+ years' work experience in Big Data technology space (Cloudera stack) with main focus on building data ingestion pipelines and simulating ETL or ELT workloads for data warehouse or data lake architecture
- Previous experience buiding Data Lakes
- Experience in designing and developing large-scale distributed applications using HBASE, Hadoop, Spark and Scala aligned with exposure to development using open-source big data tools such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, HBase, Kafka, Impala and ELK
- Expertise in data pipeline and workflow management tools such as Airflow, RunDeck and Nifi as well as in relational SQL and NoSQL databases like SQL Server, Postgres and Cassandra
- Proficiency with object-oriented/object function Scripting languages such as Python, Java, C++
- Profound background in Automated Testing, Test-driven Development, debugging, troubleshooting and optimizing code
- Extensive experience with design and implementation of ETL/ELT framework for complex warehouses and marts
- Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken
- Providing implementation support on variety of data management and analytics projects using the company's approved databases and analytical technologies
- Developing required code for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and 'big data' technologies
- Translating functional and technical requirements into detail design, as well as loading and presenting disparate datasets in multiple formats/sources including JSON
- Participating and contributing in overall data architecture and the design of Big Data & Advance Analytics solutions
- Developing end-to-end data pipelines, defining database structure and applying business rules, functional capabilities, security and data retention requirements
- Cooperating with stakeholders including the business area sponsors, product owners, data architect, data engineers, project managers and business analysts in order to assist them with their data-related technical issues and support their data needs
- Remaining up-to-date with industry standards and technological advancements in order to improve the design and development of system architectures
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Does this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health - and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.