Embedded Software Engineer - Linux, C, C++
Posted on May 29, 2021 by Genesis Techincal Systems Ltd
Embedded Software Engineer - Linux, C, C++
Genesis Technical Systems provides technology solutions for delivering superfast broadband further, over existing carrier networks.
We enable companies to seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you improve connections and revolutionize the way in which services are delivered.
The outcome of what we do leads to enriching the lives of millions. We are changing the way in which technology works as we transform the way broadband is delivered. For more information visit the website.
Currently we are offering an exciting opportunity for the right person to join our talented Engineering team, based in Coventry, as an Embedded Software Engineer on a salary to be discussed depending on your experience. You must be eligible to work in the UK.
The Engineering department is responsible for the research and development of Genesis products from inception through to development and testing and through to validation and completion including the development of all documentation and implementation guidelines.
As an Embedded Software Engineer you will have programmed in C and C++ and have had experience within the full product life cycle and comfortable with communication protocols.
Main responsibilities of the post
- Development and delivery of Embedded software and documentation to time and quality standards
- Experience within the full product life cycle and comfortable with communication protocols
- Embedded C/C++
- Embedded Linux
- Linux Kernel
- Low Level Linux Development
- Low Level Linux Drivers
- Communication protocols Including TCP/IP
- Full Product Lifecyle
Required skills and experience
- Educated to Degree Level or proven relevant industry experience
- A comprehensive understanding of the design processes and practices
- Ability to interact with other Engineering disciplines
- Capture and implementation of detailed software requirements based on the software architecture
- Can collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- Proven experience and expertise in the development and support of communications systems products
- Experience in developing firmware and software on Embedded products
- Experience in using at least one SCM (Software Configuration Management) tool eg. CVS/SVN/Clear Case etc.
- Experience and discipline of using a bug tracking database/utility
- Familiarity with Embedded Linux devices
Desired Skills or experience
- Relevant experience in software coding development, preferably in the development of telecoms product solutions in addition to basic level software development positions
- Relevant networking experience
- Attention to detail, able to read and interpret complex written information
- Analytical mind to solve complex problems.
- Self-motivated with a proactive and results driven approach
- Able to give and receive feedback in constructive manner
- Can put the success of the team above your own interests
- Good communication skills across all media
- Ability to work to deadlines
Benefits of working for Genesis
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. We have a strong belief in work-life balance, although at times that can be a challenge! Getting new products to market is hard work, it requires focus and dedication and it is hugely exciting when we succeed. We will help you to do great things and do them well.
There is an opportunity, if desired, to grow and expand into other areas of the business such as Mechanical design, Hardware Design, EMC, training will be provided. We will support your growth and are able to offer you opportunities for personal development by providing a stimulating environment that fosters innovation and creativity, as well as team work and inclusiveness.
We need people who
- have a passion for change
- have a drive for making a difference
- enjoy problem solving
- want to challenge the norms
- want to be part of the future of telecommunications
- want to find new frontiers and break boundaries
Amongst other benefits we offer:
- Pension scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Share options
- Free car parking