Hyper-V Virtualisation Engineer - SC CLEARED
Posted on May 29, 2021 by Hortor
Rate: £430 per day
IR35 status: Outside
Location: Erskine or Hook
MUST HOLD AN ACTIVE SC CLEARANCE
We are looking for an experienced Virtualisation Engineer with expertise specifically in Microsoft Hyper-V, Systems Center Virtual Machine Manager and technologies. This role reports into the Virtualisation Engineering team leader and Capability lead working on various UK programmers and accounts.
- Develop, and where required deploy, the technical solution to the environments.
- Creating technical documents with the ability to produce clear and concise low-level design documentation as well as implementation and operation guides
- Troubleshoot implementation or operational issues.
- Contribute to knowledge tools and communities, proactively support automation, and ensure learnings are shared for reuse.
Required Skills and Experience:
Strong Microsoft Windows Experience
Microsoft Systems Center Experience, specifically SCVMM
- Strong Microsoft Windows Experience product experience in designing and engineering solutions including product administration, hardening, and troubleshooting experience
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Microsoft Systems Center Experience (SCVMM Specifically)
- Microsoft AD (Including designing/deploying of AD)
- Understanding of virtual and physical server infrastructure capacity, scaling and operation
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to resolve constructively conflicting pressures and stake holders.
- Ability to interact and work closely with both technical and non-technical staff in the deployment of solutions across a range of levels.
- The ability to manage priorities and maintain engagement across a number of projects at various phases of their life cycle.
- Experience of technology design and implementation policies and practices including ITIL
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- VMware VSAN, vRealize Operations, vRealize Log Insight and Site Recovery Manager product experience
- VMware Workspace ONE and Horizon
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise ProLiant & Dell Servers experience
- Understanding of security concepts including delegation of authority
- HPE or Dell Storage array experience
- Configuration Management
- Experience of infrastructure deployment and management tooling including the use of JSON/XML files
- Enterprise networking