Senior Network Engineer specifically with Cisco DNA Center & ACI
Posted on May 29, 2021 by Disys Technical and Consulting Kft
We seek a Sr. Network Engineer specifically with ACI and Cisco DNA experience for our client, an international Insurance group leading in specialty insurance located in the City of London. They do business in approximately 180 countries and underwrite more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. The role is subject to current Covid19 practices in terms of remote deployment. The role is initially for a fixed twelve month contract but will likely be extendable. We invite candidates for employment.
You as the ideal candidate are looking to work in an environment that has a focus on technology and innovation? You the successful candidate will be responsible for design, build, implementation, monitor, and maintain moderately complex to complex network systems that are global in scale. You will get the opportunity to work independently in an operational and design environment, exercising sound judgment and collaborating with cross-discipline workgroups. You will get to develop scalable network solutions that are deployable across the enterprise.
- Design and Configure: Effectively design and configure Local and Software-Defined Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN/SDWAN) and infrastructure to meet current industry technology standards. Use knowledge of server operating systems to help design and install internal and external networks.
- Test: Test and evaluate network systems to ensure stability, eliminate problems and make improvements. Periodically test and evaluate network performance and adjust and redesign network where applicable.
- Support: Monitor, maintain, support, and optimize all network infrastructure to include multiple Data Centres and cloud environments. Perform troubleshooting to correct issues.
- Business Partnership: Collaborate with IT Risk Management and Security to reduce business risk. Work with the Network Engineering Manager and other leadership to align business and organizational goals.
Skills And Experience Specification
- The successful candidate ideally will have a minimum of five years of relevant and progressive professional experience in a Senior Network Engineer role designing and configuring Cisco technology (Switches, Routers etc.).
- Working experience with Cisco, Citrix NetScaler, SAN, Windows/Linux Servers, and Microsoft technologies.
- Knowledge of Internet/Intranet technologies including security features.
- Sound working knowledge of systems infrastructure and operations, including switching, routing, Ethernet, TCP/IP.
- Competence with Routers, networking protocols, and configurations.
- Sound working knowledge of remote access technology.
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn.
- Sound analytical skills, as well as strong decision-making and problem-solving aptitude.
- Must be an exceptional communicator and able to make connections across the organization at multiple locations.
- Educational requirements: the ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or the equivalent education and/or experience.
- Active Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) designation or higher or related certification(s) required.
- Experience in Cisco Digital Network Architecture (DNA Center) and Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) preferred.
- Will require some travel outside normal work location including international travel after pandemic easing.