Senior Software Engineer - Financial Engineering
Posted on May 29, 2021 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious fortune 500 company is on the search for a Senior Software Engineer - Financial Engineering. This engineer will design, develop, and support a Java distribution API that is used for internal financial engineering. This company is looking for someone with 5+ years of experience developing production software and using Java and Python. They need someone with AWS experience and the ability to build AWS native solutions.
- Design, develop and support a Java distribution API that is used internally in Financial Engineering. The library enables applications to perform massively parallel computations to support valuation and risk analyses for a variety of financial instruments.
- Design, develop and support a custom-built AWS native solution for distributed computing.
- Assist internal application teams with adopting the distributed computing platform by refactoring their application to use the new interface, documenting the behavior, and solving challenges unique to their use cases.
- Design and develop new code, review existing code changes, and implement automated testing to ensure standard technology development practices are met.
- Actively seek opportunities to continuously improve the technical quality and architecture to respond to business needs.
- Clearly craft and articulate messages (both written and verbal) to a variety of audiences.
- At least 5 years of experience developing production software
- Experience with Java
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, especially EC2 (Spot Fleet), S3, SQS, Lambda, DynamoDB and API Gateway
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience writing automated unit, integration, regression, performance and acceptance tests
- Solid understanding of software design principles and object-oriented programming
- Experience understanding and refactoring a large code base