Release Manager DevOps - Dublin
Posted on May 29, 2021 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
Release Manager DevOps - Dublin
Global leader in the field of Data Security requires a DevOps Release Manager with experience in the Banking and Financial Services Sector for an Upcoming project.
While challenging, the role offers ambitious DevOps professionals the chance to further their careers in a dynamic and innovative working environment.
Due to the ongoing Covid 19 restrictions, this role will be offered on a remote basis initially but as the situation improves the Senior Security SME will be expected to make themselves available onsite for key meetings and at least some days every week.
Responsibilities of Role
- Define the requirement of Release from different streams of Athena program
- Plan, Operate, Coordinate and manage Release activities for Athena program by working with other internal and external colleagues/teams to plan when environments will be utilised and support any conflicts whilst also ensuring release schedules are adhered to.
- Ensure Bank policies applicable for Release management are adhered to and continuously monitored, as well as implementing additional policies according to all applicable regulations.
- Maintain the version control of Releases using the standard Toolset of Bank
- Leading the end to end execution and responsibility for all aspects including definition, planning, execution & implementation, roll back, control & change management of Releases of various streams of Athena program.
- Planning Release windows, Release schedules and communication to stakeholders to check impact.
- Work with Testing team to minimise defects
- Communicate Release windows, Release schedules, Weekend Releases to internal stakeholders and negotiate in case of conflict.
- Define and track KPI's for Release Management for various IT Environments build, maintenance and support.
- Collaboration with Murex, CM2.0, Integration, Migration, Work packages, Reporting and other stream leads to ensure that all critical release expectations are met.
- Work within the operational framework to provide assistance with operations of the Test, Dev & PRE_PROD environments.
- Closely work with DevOps team to comprehend code merges and branch ramifications
- Ensure Releases are documented and procedures to facilitate application installs ready for handover to operational teams.
- Providing senior stakeholder level overview of progress, lead and direct multidisciplinary teams across all steams of Athena.
- Manage Release Strategies and continue to identify/implement improvements on all future releases of various streams.
- Maintaining security standards for Release Management
Essential Candidate requirements
- Degree qualified - in IT, Computer Science or appropriate Equivalent
- Experience in working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- A minimum of 3 years experienve in purely DevOps based roles
- Demonstrable experience in CI/CD Pipelines and agile environments
- Must be familiar with DevOps Tools & standards and Security considerations
- Ability to coordinate and ensure Release tasks are completed on time
- Must have good communication & coordination skills to articulate the Releases
- Banking and Financial Services Experience
- Willing to work on-site in Ireland when Covid-19 restrictions are eased
PLEASE NOTE - This role is ineligible for Critical Skills Permit/VISA sponsorship, our client can only accept applications from candidates who are EU, EEA or UK citizens
For more information on this role, please contact Níall.
To apply directly, please send current CV along with brief cover letter through this site