Infrastructure Project Manager - DRP
Posted on May 29, 2021 by TALENT - IT
Together with our Infrastructure partner HCL, we are reviewing our Disaster Recovery Process (DRP) in order to prevent us from any treath or intrusion especially with regards to the recent Cyber attacks. The solution consists in implementing an immutable backup for our infrastructure in AWS and Azure clouds based on Rubrik or Cohesity solution (still to be decided). In order to do so, we're looking for a Project Manager who can both manage the technical aspect (get the solution implemented) and the process aspect (writing of the DRP runbooks,operation manuals, new DRP plan).
The project manager will work with our Service Management & Integration department and other development teams to ensure both technical and process aspects of the DRP are in place in a timely manner and with the required quality. He or she will have to make sure the project stakeholders and the company in general will benefit from project deliveries according to potentially evolving commitments and expectations by constantly managing the mix of scope, quality, value delivery, timing and budget.
Depending on the workload associated to that project, it is also possible the project manager is required to work or one or several other projects in parallel.
1- General Delivery
As Project Manager you will plan and ensure, to the satisfaction of the stakeholders, execution of one or more IT projects within set timelines and budget by defining and managing elements such as the scope, value delivery, solution, planning, budget, risks & issues, resources, dependencies, quality, decisions and assumptions, in close collaboration with your internal clients and both internal and external suppliers.
2- Project preparation
You will actively participate or lead the preparation phase (RFP, pilot's, budget and business case definition) to ensure the project definition is done in a solid way allowing later on delivery of the project scope and definition and setup of the related run-services within time and budget.
3- Stakeholder reporting & management
You will be the trusted companion of your sponsors and stakeholders during the whole project, and especially during the steering committees, and provide them with regular, proactive, clear and transparent project statuses. You prepare for decision and management decision support. You will ensure that all reports and dashboards always contain the latest information on your project. You proactively propose solution to get your project back on track in case of deviation.
For some projects, stakeholder management and reporting goes up to the highest level in the company and includes dealing with politics and tactics in order to keep the range of stakeholders on board and reach the project goals
4- Managing multidisciplinary teams in a multidisciplinary context
Your work will have impact on different business areas (utility based) with a broad range of IT applications and infrastructure (including network and security). You actively pursue and coordinate the end to end implementation, leading a multi-disciplinary team of business and IT experts (process owners, key users, solution architects and designers developers, testers, change agents, etc.) You will act in a team accountability mode, where you as a PM will be the key spokesperson towards the stakeholders.
You will make sure the necessary resources are available or upstaffed and confirmed by the different capacity managers
You will bring guidance and coaching to your business and IT resources and report on their performance and evolution towards the relevant business and IT managers.
You have affinity with engineering of solutions at all levels (IT application and infrastructure architecture, functional E2E processes, Datamodelling, security, ) allowing to steer the project team in the right direction of the valuable solution.
For some projects the variety and multitude of departments and teams to deal with can cross a substantial part of the entire company.
5- Value delivery & Tracking
You will assist your stakeholders in keeping track of the business case and take attention on the prioritization based on the minimum viable product supporting the highest benefit towards the business case. This can include challenging your stakeholders to ensure respecting Time, Budget, Scope and Quality at all times - or allow only motivated and approved deviation. You are responsible for keeping track of all approved changes.
- Master of business English and are at least conversational in Dutch or French;
- Possess client-facing and internal communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Good presentation preparation skills
- Able to manage stakeholders; Show discipline and report transparently and correctly project status;
- Set the pace, prompts for decision.
- Excellent and proactive organizer with strong tracking and follow-up skills including attention to detail while multitasking.
- Like to work within a changing environment and under pressure; be a change driver;
- Is able to set and change priorities and perform under pressure
- Analytic skills & problem solver; capable to understand fast new technologies
- Can manage multidisciplinary teams. Bring structure and build a framework for an optimal team performance (incl. onshore/offshore supplier resources)
- Has leadership skills, even when not hierarchically empowered
- Correct, though, respectful, persistent;
- Solid educational background in the fields of computer science or engineering;
- Experience in project management methodology and tools
- Experience in complex project management with proven business benefit
- Proof of managing multidisciplinary teams of over 10 people
- Proof of successfully handling large external integrators and/or software suppliers as part of a project (including off shore partners)
- (Strong) affinity with engineering of solutions at all levels (IT application and infrastructure architecture, functional E2E processes, security and Datamodelling) and a good general understanding of business contexts and complex IT architectures including different technologies and systems:
- Used to recuperate data from infra management system
- Used to monitor applications transactions in an automated way.
- Experience in calibrating an operating monitoring system
- Capable to define relevant dashboard and alarm to detect critical incidents
- Proof of having successfully delivered a cloud DRP project in the past is a must.
- Good knowledge of latest security technologies and especially Rubrik or Cohesity is also a must