AWS Enterprise Architect
Posted on May 28, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking an AWS Enterprise Architect. Candidate will define current and target state architectures, transition architectures and roadmaps for business portfolios and for individual applications.
- May serve as architecture lead or technical expert to define and maintain the architectural frameworks/patterns, processes, standards, and guidelines related to portfolio, systems, business, or data architecture.
- Provide technical and architectural subject matter expertise to the stakeholders including communicating architectural decisions and mentoring other technical staff around the various development technologies and decisions.
- Conduct studies of new technologies to provide more efficient and cost-effective architecture solutions.
- Confer with business units and application development staff to understand both the business and technical requirements and to define architectural constraints.
- Create performance metrics and traceability maps to determine the effectiveness of architecture solutions and facilitate governance.
- May review work of other team members and mentor junior architects
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Prefer 10 years in defining current and target state architectures, transition architectures and roadmaps.
- Experience with developing solution architecture across multiple architecture domains such as business, data, integration, resiliency, and application.
- A minimum of 3 years hands on application solution design experience in AWS using AWS native services.
- A minimum of 2 years Data Analytics solutioning experience in AWS cloud using AWS native services (EMR, Redshift, Athena etc.), Apache Spark framework and using Python, or R.
- A minimum of 2 years experience on selecting, architecture reviewing, integration architecture with SaaS/COTS solutions.
- A minimum of 5 years providing solutions based on Enterprise Integration patterns, Event Driven Architecture, API, Web services, SOA and Micro Services.
- A minimum of 5 years with Enterprise Architecture frameworks like TOGAF, DoDAF, FEA etc.
- A minimum of 5 years with application Servers and containers such as JBoss, Tomcat, WebLogic, Oracle Application Server
- A minimum of 5 years with performance optimizations such as improving scalability, availability, throughput, failover, etc.
- Demonstrated experience of various Cloud Technologies, industry trends and solutioning experience in Public, Hybrid Cloud and PaaS will be essential
- AWS Solution Architect Associate or Professional certification
- Ability to work with both senior management level executives and development teams
- Excellent communication, presentation, and documentation skills
- Skilled in AWS offerings, development and networking platforms.
- Skilled in HOPEX or ARIS or other EA tools
- Experience using APIs for developing or programming software
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence, Visio