Posted on May 28, 2021 by CV-Library
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven and highly efficient individual who has the ability and passion to make a positive impact on our Production fabrication processes.
The main responsibility of the candidate will be to enhance the efficiency and productivity of the CNC machine capabilities at the company, working within a small Production Control team. This involves writing and modifying code to automate power driven machines, such as the PCD and XDM that cut and drill main steel sections used for structural buildings within the commercial, agriculture and turnkey sectors. A key responsibility is to analyse and monitor KPI reports for improvement, in order to reduce time and waste during the production process.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Import NC data into the Raptor Software.
* Run corrections in line with our companies methodology of processing.
* Inspect all parts for errors (Length, Mitre, Scribe, Copes etc).
* Create nested raptor profiles to match the StruMIS cutting lists (To match the deliveries).
* Nest Plates as efficiently as possible.
* Import NC data into the Sigma nest Software.
* Assess capability of FDB with imported NC files.
* Identify and procure any bought-out plates on receipt of fab issue to ensure cost effective purchasing and
* adequate lead time.
* Monitor VOs and NCRs, with the required actions in Raptor and StruMIS if necessary.
* Create batches as agreed with line manager on a lot basis in StruMIS i.e., sub-assemblies going in to smalls
* Ensure all steel items are covered e.g., Plate processing, Shaft, blasting prior to arrival.
* Raise NCRs as required to ensure all costs against project are monitored.
* Provides instructions to the Operators and trains users effectively, as required.
The successful applicant will have:
* A diploma of higher education or other technical qualification in Manufacturing Engineering/Civil
* Engineering/Computer programming – Related qualification.
* Mechanically inclined with high attention to detail and accuracy.
* Superior computer programming skills – High level of IT aptitude and competence.
* A team player, showing a collaborative approach working with others.
* Good Communication Skills – Verbal and written.
* Demonstrable problem – Solving capabilities.
* High Health and Safety standards and compliance.
* Excellent Organisational and Planning Skills.
* Ability to work with little supervision.
* Ability to write and read complex spreadsheets.
* Knowledge of the StruMIS system.
* Experience in Production Control/CNC programming.
* Experience within the structural steel industry.
* Knowledge of Union Square.
About the Company
Our clients are a steel construction specialist who provides ‘concept to completion’ build projects to the Agricultural, Commercial and Industrial sectors. The company is a family business which has grown into one of the most recognised names within the steel industry.
Our people and our clients are at the centre of everything that we do. Our core values are therefore integral to the way that we interact with each other and our clients. The importance of Respect, Team-spirit, Professionalism, Excellence and Creativity form the heart of our business and we aspire to maintain these standards in all transactions both internally and externally.
This is a great opportunity to develop your career within a fast-paced and continually evolving business. From your first day, you will be hands on in the operations department with opportunities to learn new skills and learn from experienced team members.
For more details and to progress your application, call the team on (phone number removed)
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£13 - £13.5 Hourly
£14 - £15.3 Hourly
£25 - £25 Hourly
£22k - £25k Annual
£30k - £45k Annual
£13 - £13.5 Hourly
£14 - £15 Hourly
£32k - £35k Annual
£29k - £33k Annual