South America - Scala
Posted on May 28, 2021 by Signify Technology
Signify is currently paired with a US based company that are looking to hire a Scala Developer in South America:
Their Platform uses many new big-data tools such as functional Scala, Akka actors, Kafka streaming messaging, and ElasticSearch for user-persistence layer.
We're looking for an experienced Scala Back End developer who enjoys functional programming and the challenge of building something highly configurable and innovative.
Our Stack: Includes many of the most-desired technologies, including:
Scala/Akka, Play Framework, Slick
Kafka (event-based processing)
BPMN (Java), DMN (Java)
Angular, TypeScript, React, Ionic Mobile, Redux, PouchDB (mobile data store)
Protractor, Selenium (Unit, end-to-end, API and performance testing tools)
Our development team:
Is small and growing with 10 members, so you'll be a significant contributor.
Is comprised of Front End and Back End teams
Separates code into distinct modules and services
Uses JSON API for Back End/Front End integration
Applies Agile programming and paired development methodology in 3-week sprints
Works in a virtual, paired-development environment
You'd be working on some of the following initiatives:
Developing streaming business messaging system.
Incorporating Web Sockets throughout platform.
Creating data visualization plugin
Constructing/ingesting JSON RestfulAPIs
Working with team making key architecture and stack decisions
You're expected to have:
- 2+ years functional Scala development
- Experience creating REST endpoints with Play framework
- Test experience with libraries such as ScalaTest, ScalaCheck
- Familiarity with asynchronous programming techniques using Scala Futures, fs2
- Knowledge of using purely functional libraries like scalaz/cats, circe
- Designing, ingesting quality JSON RESTful services and payloads
- GIT source control experience
- Willingness to share knowledge and mentor team members
If this sounds like something you would be interested in please apply: