IT Admin Author / Junior Technical Author
Posted on May 27, 2021 by CV-Library
IT Admin Author / Junior Technical Author required for my client based in Reading for a permanent role paying £20-25k
My client are based in central Reading and as such don’t have any parking, however transport links are excellent.
We are looking for an individual with an entry level skill set, typical candidates range from 1st to 2nd Line Engineers or System Admin experience.
You will be required to maintain client documentation & assist other teams working on documentation resources. The position is a unique opportunity to encounter a wide range of technologies deployed across medium to large enterprise environments, working collaboratively with other authors & customers, to maintain advanced infrastructure documentation.
* Updating & Assisting in the creation of IT Infrastructure Documentation – including:
* Hardware & Rack diagrams
* Use of Visio & Excel content modifications
* Updating contact information, checking & updating customer change requests
* Assisting with Site Surveys (on customer locations)
* Data Entry & Quality Checking
* Maintain the accuracy of existing advanced documentation data
* Answering emails & calls
Skills & Experience
* Theoretical knowledge of IT infrastructure (small to enterprise)
* The role is not hands on configuration work, but previous experience of systems/network practical deployment would be advantageous
* Previous customer facing experience nice but not essential
* Excellent written & spoken English
* High competency in using a computer, mouse & keyboard
* Candidates will have a willingness to research & understand unfamiliar & new technology