Product Owner/Product Consultant
Posted on May 27, 2021 by Chroma Recruitment
Wilmslow, Cheshire, United Kingdom
Senior Product Owner/consultant
2 to 3 days a week on site
Senior Product Owner/consultant who can work at a senior level. Our client is a well-known SaaS company who produce an industry leading application that is streamlining the way companies work internally.
You will join a rapidly expanding team where tech and innovation are at the very heart of everything they do. The primary focus of the role is to define and create a fit for purpose' Product Development model/methodology.
The Product Owner will be challenging the status quo' in a positive and supporting fashion in the first instance. Essentially the Product function needs to be re-defined and overhauled in order to be able to deliver against the future roadmap and scale.
Secondly, you will be working with one or two more junior Product Owners who are looking for guidance and support, this will be where you wear the Senior Product Owner hat leading from the front'!
The working environment is relaxed and positive, and you will be surrounded by people who are easy to talk to, open to new ideas and always looking for ways to support each other's development. You will be working alongside Department Heads, Scrum Masters, Developers and Testers, as well as liaising with customers and senior stakeholders.
In Summary, this Senior Product Owner role involves:
- Redefining the process and model of Product Development
- Acting at 2nd in command' to the VP of Enterprise Products
- Challenge the current as-is'
- Managing up and down to gather traction for change
- Bringing drive and energy to development life cycles
- Set-up tooling and processes
- Looking at the business needs/visions and collaborating internally
- Making recommendations on team structure
- Making recommendations on hiring plan and level required
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- At least 5 years in a Senior Product role, ideally from a SaaS business or similar
- To have outstanding communication and be able to easily work at all levels
- Experience working with technology and/or software products
- To be full of ideas, which you are keen to bring to the table and see put into action
- Genuine passion for delivering value
- An open approach which will enable you to build relationships with those around you