Technical Delivery Manager
Posted on May 27, 2021 by Ballard Chalmers
Salary dependent on experience + variable bonus
A Technical Delivery Manager is required by a leading UK Microsoft Gold Partner Consultancy based in West Sussex.
Ballard Chalmers specialises in software design, development and ongoing support for enterprise systems on the Microsoft platform and deployed on the Microsoft Azure Cloud, as well as on-premises and hybrid systems. Our areas of expertise are: Microsoft .NET & Azure, SQL Server and BizTalk Server. With over 30 years' industry experience and as a Microsoft Gold Partner with 5 Gold Competencies, we have a well-earned reputation for delivering our expert services.
You will directly manage between 1 and 5 software engineers and testers on each of your client projects, which will number around 5. You will own delivery of quality bespoke Microsoft-stack solutions with tight control of scope and budget alongside constant client liaison.
- Owning the end-to-end delivery of multiple software development projects of varying size and complexity in a dynamic and agile environment.
- Project size generally varies between 30 and 300 days effort
- Detailed day to day task and performance management of Software Engineers and Testers throughout the full PDLC.
- Maintaining and managing collaborative client relationships during the PDLC
- Strong management of budget, scope, tasks and timelines and effective mitigation of deviations
- Absolute Attention to detail
- Apply your historic hands-on technical background to effectively manage and communicate at both business and technical level with clients and team.
- Able to produce detailed plans, reports, budgets and other documentation but paperwork is reflection of, and aid to, your detailed resource and client management. It is not your primary focus - managing the tasks and team is.
- Identify, confront and address issues across tech, scope, time and budget.
- Detailed practical experience and understanding of the pros and cons of different delivery methodologies and harnesses them appropriately (such as Agile and Waterfall).
- Self-managing across projects and priorities yet constantly communicating to internal and external team so never chased for information.
IMPORTANT READ THIS BEFORE CONTACTING US:
This role is only for someone with existing day to day delivery management experience in commercial outsourced custom software development within a consultancy or software house. If your main experience is internal delivery in enterprise level organisations, change management, digital transformation, or any other form of program or project management, please do not apply for this role.
Strictly NO Agencies please.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£45k - £60k Annual
£80k - £80k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£60k - £65k Annual
£55k - £60k Annual
£48k - £58k Annual