Segment Data Architect, Netherlands
Posted on May 27, 2021 by Agilebydefault
We're proud to post the perfect role for an experienced Data Architect. Here's a chance to apply your technical expertise and passion for enterprise data design in helping make Shell's business processes be both effective and sustainable. With all the career opportunities you'd expect from a supportive and global company, you'll be a pivotal part of driving Shell's performance; within our Trading and Supply business.
Where do you fit?
The Segment Data Architect brings together both business and IT stakeholders to capture and model a data landscape that supports business interests whilst enabling the effective IT management of data.
In this role, you will provide the enterprise data design, models, tools and guidance to provide the business and IT with a view of how data is being utilised. This starts with a strong semantic foundation all the way to identifying potential business process improvements.
What's the role?
As a Segment Data Architect, your key deliverables include Critical Data List, Data Affinity Maps, Enterprise Data Catalogues, Conceptual & Logical Data Models, Mastership Matrices, Enterprise Data Flow Diagrams, Data Principles, and Standards & Handrails.
In this role, you will be leveraging on your desire to bring enterprise data design to IT and business functions. You will also require the passion to drive IT related business activity towards value-based outcomes built on a foundation of well-described quality data.
You will have full ownership of data domains, including being a key focal point for the Lead Segment Data Architect, Segment Architects, Solution Architects and Solution Data Architects.
Furthermore, your accountabilities are as follows:
Articulate the direction of data architecture within the segment and what main business outcomes will be achieved.
- Maintain the Enterprise Conceptual, Logical, Integration Models and work with Solution Data Architects to ensure that project-related Logical and Physical Models remain aligned.
- Understand the importance of Data Mastership and Data Flow mapping for the business, capturing both As-Is and To-Be states, and help identify the right data for the business.
- Work with Solution and Segment Architects to review/approve data provisioning from a simplified access and governance perspective and adopt Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) approach to enable effective re-use, provisioning and sharing of data across the business.
- Provide Solution Architecture an understanding of how the project fits into the segment architecture. Ensure compliance and alignment of the project design.
- Provide Solution Data Architects with Enterprise Conceptual/Logical Models, Mastership Matrices and Data Flows as input to projects as part of the delivery life cycle.
What do we need from you?
We're keen to hear from IT professionals who has substantial experience in Data Architecture and Datamodelling.
Beyond that, we'd want to hear from individuals who have the following:
- Proven Core Data Architecture skills including Data Analysis, Datamodelling (ERD), Big Data Design, Master Data Management patterns & implementation, Data Landscape Design (Data Flow, Mastership, API).
- Extensive understanding of technologies involved in data management (Database management systems, data services, data lakes, etc.).
- Proven knowledge of all architecture aspects and the ability to stay up to date with key developments in IT - affinity with the other Enterprise Architecture domains (process, applications, infrastructure, security, etc.).
- A delivery and result oriented mindset with a hands-on attitude with a vision for the long-term implications of short to intermediate term decisions.
- Ability to initiate, plan and develop according to plan, along with the ability to adapt to the circumstances on the ground that may have a level of uncertainty and risk.
- Experience in Datamodelling tools such as PowerDesigner.
While you experience in working with Enterprise Architecture tools such as BiZZDesign is not required, it will certainly be beneficial in your application.