Posted on May 27, 2021 by Experis AG
Are you a Program Officer (PO) with a minimum of two years' experience as Project Officer/Coordinator or four years' experience as Project Assistant with an international development organization, finance institution or comparable experience in the private sector?
Experis IT Switzerland is currently on the search for a Program Officer to join one of their clients, an NGO, based in Geneva.
The PO supports specific projects working in the Grant Management division in close collaboration with Fund Portfolio Managers (FPMs) and ensures compliance with due process at all stages of grant management, the collation and storage of data and the monitoring and reporting on grant-related information.
Under the guidance of the Fund Portfolio Manager (FPM), and as part of a Country Team, the Program Officer (PO) supports the FPM in all aspects of the life cycle of a grant:
Program Management: Facilitates and coordinates grant processes in place at different stages of the grant life cycle; Reviews grant budgets and work plans, disbursement requests and other grant documentation; Participates in the process of analysis on performance/financial/management/contextual matters for decision making on program related matters; contributes to policy and ad hoc cross cutting projects and initiatives; ensures grant information is captured in relevant grant management and information systems.
Team work: Works across teams collaborating with other country team staff to promote a consistent approach to portfolio management within the Grant Management Division.
Risk Management: Collects data where appropriate, identifies and follows up on key grant management issues and risks.
To deliver the required results, it's necessary that you have:
- Demonstrable work experience of involvement and responsibility in project management or in program management.
- Minimum two years' experience as Project Officer/Coordinator or four years' experience as Project Assistant with an international development organization, finance institution or comparable experience in the private sector.
- Previous financial and program management experience.
- Monitoring and Evaluation experience.
- Experience working in multi-cultural/national teams.
- Fluent in English and preferably a good working knowledge of French or one of the following: Arabic, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
If you are a dynamic and motivated Program Officer currently looking for a challenging new position that applies to your skills, then we look forward to receiving your application!
Don't hesitate and send us your CV today through the link in the advert. In case of any questions please contact Jane Archer.
Experis IT is Europe's leading recruitment agency.