AWS Application Engineer
Posted on May 27, 2021 by Berkeley Square IT Ltd
Senior AWS Application Engineer
Geneva, Switzerland (remote)
6 month contract
€455 per day
Do you want to work for an international global institute who have work all over Europe?
My Client looking for a fluent English-speaking AWS Engineer to join their ongoing project in Switzerland. You will be integrated in the team where you will work closely with the IT team on site.
As a Senior AWS Application Engineer, the incumbent will participate in designing and building a multi-tier, highly available, fault tolerant and scalable applications using AWS services.
- Engage with the development team to ensure a foundation of a scalable AWS service.
- Produce detailed Release plans, control Release Scope and monitoring milestones.
- Design and implement a Blue/Green data release strategy.
- Coordinate with Cloud Management team to streamline different AWS environments, backup and disaster recovery plans.
- Assist the development team in data migration from on-premise Servers to AWS environments.
- Close collaboration with the software development team and provide architectural expertise, direction, and assistance as needed.
- Ensure alignment with Clients' technical standards and procedures (eg, ICTD, CICD, CMU, IP Portal).
- Deliver technical documentation and manuals.
- Plan and manage the teamwork by using the internal JIRA application.
- At least 10 years of experience in deployment of major IT systems that leverage data integration.
- Experience in the cloud release management and operations design, load-balancing, cost optimization, serveless webapp architecture and security
- Experience with document data models, data processing and ETL
- Excellent communication skills; spoken and written English
- Amazon web services such as EC2 ECS, S3, Elastic Load Balance, Auto scaling, Cloud Watch
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker
- Bash Scripting and Python for automation
- Git and Bamboo for continuous integration
- ETL and large data migration
- Experience with DevSecOps and CI/CD is highly desirable.
- Experience with Search Indexes: Solr, Lucene
- Experience with Cloud Formation
- Angular 2+, Node JS, REST API
- Agile methodologies
- Experience with multi-lingual search engines
This is an opportunity to work for an exciting and dynamic Company working on a long-term major project in an International, multilingual environment where you can add a real presence to the team whilst the role offers a fantastic package.
Interviews being held very quickly, so if you are interested - apply or send your CV or call