Strategic Account Manager - Nordics
Posted on May 27, 2021 by PSD Technology Contracts Ltd.
Our retained client is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers.
By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, they help companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
Due to a recent internal promotion, they are now looking to appoint a Strategic Account Manager to join their established and successful Nordics sales team.
We are looking for someone is commercial sharp and who can bridge the business conversations with a genuine technical understanding - whilst able to spot and develop every commercial opportunity no matter how small or complex it may be.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, maintain, and implement account plans that contain strategies and action plans to propose the best usage of simulation by the customer and maximizing account revenues.
- Collaborate with account teams, product specialists & other functions to ensure a synergistic, companywide approach to the account. Be the customer advocate internally and ensure that the customer receives the appropriate amount of management attention and added value whenever possible.
- Systematically build external relationships with members of the customer's management and engineering teams in an effort to achieve strategic supplier status and to maximize sales.
- Oversee solution development and deliver (with help from account team and support function) compelling customer presentations; help create proposals/offers that represent maximum value to the customer and fair price for the company; ensuring that proposals address customer's key issues, needs, and requirements.
- Facilitate contract negotiations and achieve a win for both sides.
- Meet new business, run rate and services quota goals for the assigned accounts. Provide accurate forecasts and continually grow and progress sales pipeline.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Demonstrable and substantial sales experience, with a meaningful period spent as a senior/key/named account manager, with a proven track record of success.
- Demonstrated understanding of the engineering simulation space or PLM.
- Minimum bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or bachelor's degree with minimum sales experience selling similar solutions (eg other CAE software, CAD, or PLM).
- Minimum travel of 25%
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Personal drive and creativity to find new business opportunities.
- Excellent communication, organizational skills, and the ability to work collaboratively.