Posted on May 26, 2021 by Project People
Network Solution Architect
Location - Remote initially - Dublin post-lockdown
We are looking for a dynamic self-starter to work in our client's Network Team. The role will involve designing solutions for one or several of their key customers. This would require the successful candidate to be capable of learning the customer's environment and network infrastructure quickly. He/she should be capable of supporting the existing network, and enhancing the existing network via new value-add solutions. Other responsibilities include (but are not limited to), meeting with customers, vendors, stakeholders, and management. Designing new solutions with the ability to be able to support and justify the choices you made during the design stage. Create high-quality detailed HLD and LLD documentation with excellent presentation (including visio diagrams, spreadsheets, and other documents).
5+ years' experience in the following:
- Cisco CCNP/CCIE Routing and Switching or Enterprise certifications and experience (or similar)
- Routers/L2&L3 Switches/Wi-Fi/DSL/MPLS/Redundant Solutions/Load Balancing
- Firewall & IDS/IPS experience, preferably Cisco, Checkpoint, and Fortinet
- Excellent knowledge of IP routing protocols such as: BGP, mBGP, OSPF, EIGRP, DMVPN, & Static Routing etc.
- IPsec VPN and Remote Access VPN solutions - Design, Implement, and Troubleshoot
- Data Centre solutions such as Cisco Nexus Switches, hyperconverged technologies, IOS-XE, and IOS-XR OS
- Cloud experience and/or virtualisation a benefit
- Be capable of owning and designing a solution end-to-end
- Be a self-starter with a positive can-do attitude
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent team-worker and ability to work well with others
- Knowledge of project management processes and how projects are run
- Share knowledge and skills with other team members
- Have a strong desire and drive to improve knowledge and skills through constant learning and upskilling
- Achieve industry and job-related IT/ICT certifications - with desire to achieve high standards and qualifications
Although the successful candidate would be working day-to-day in the customer account team, they would still be a key part of the network team, and reporting into the Head of Networks for Ireland. This is a very supportive team, who shares knowledge and assists each other when needed. An excellent learning and development program is in place to allow the successful candidate to advance their knowledge and further their career in many different areas.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£51.5k - £55.8k Annual
£90.4k - £99.4k Annual
£65k - £75k Annual
£76.8k - £90.4k Annual
£60k - £70k Annual
£60k - £70k Annual