Guidewire Business/Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Posted on May 26, 2021 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
- Works with business customers to formulate and communicate the business vision, to envision initial requirements, to scope the project, to identify potential areas of automation, and to aid in reengineering the underlying business process
- Work with business customers to identify, model, and then document their requirements and business domain details
- Work with technical staff to determine and document technical/non-functional requirements
- Coach and mentor Business Systems Analysts
- Provide leadership in activities that are dictated by the SDLC, such as requirements reviews, planning meetings, etc.
- Clarify technical and architectural complexities for project stakeholders (ie explain what the developers are doing and why they need to do it, including explanations of the basis of schedules and estimates)
- Contribute to user interface design and usability testing using current and industry-standard techniques
- Document acceptance criteria and be a resource to the IT Quality Assurance organization
- Act as a "customer surrogate" for software developers and other IT project team members so that requirements, domain information, and business priorities are provided in a timely fashion
- Assist business customers in the development and execution of end user training materials and plans
- Test and validate results of production application deployments, and provide formal sign-off for change requests
- Provide business knowledge to validate and facilitate task estimation for new work requests
- Perform updates to system tables (eg rate tables) and reference tables (ie code or lookup tables) as necessary
- Participate in software requirement, specification, and design reviews.
- Lead team of software testers responsible for designing, developing, executing, and maintaining functional, integration, system, and performance test cases.
- Prioritize work assignments for the team and manage project deliverables.
- Develop and implement detailed project plans.
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing and Model Office verification as required.
- Review code changes with the technical team to assess risk and tailor testing approach accordingly
- Reviews QA analyst's test cases to ensure appropriate coverage is achieved. Identifies and remedies gaps in testing coverage.
- Review defects submitted by team for completeness and accuracy.
- Coach and mentor Quality Assurance Analysis
- Design, develop, and execute test cases using test plans and functional specifications.
- Perform deliverables tracking and reporting as assigned. Monitors progress of testing efforts within the team to ensure deadlines are met.
- Develop and provide testing metrics and reports to effectively communicate test status to the test team and management.
- Other duties may be assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experiences in IT or insurance. Equivalent IT experience includes a minimum of 5 years in software development, quality assurance or IT project management. Equivalent insurance experience includes a minimum of 5 years' experience working in an underwriting, financial reporting/accounting, or claims department.
- Four to six years of work related experience as an IT business analyst on two large (minimum 10,000 hours) software development projects
- Two to Three years minimum experience in the Property and Casualty insurance industry
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies, processes and project governance
- Experience with user interface design and user interface usability testing in web browser and Windows environments
- Ability to take direction in a Matrix-managed environment while balancing multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to identify data requirements and data relationships within and among business processes.
- Working knowledge of data mining and familiarity with Structured Query Language (SQL) and Business Intelligence tools (eg, MicroStrategy, SSAS, Cognos, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to use the full functions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with standard technical terms and the ability to discuss standard technologies at a high level (eg, Mainframe, Client Server, network, database, etc.)
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries utilizing a complete suite of staffing services. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future