WebLogic Middleware Engineer
Posted on May 26, 2021 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Middleware Engineer. This role is revolved around installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and deploying WebLogic. WebLogic is a MUST for this position. Experience with WebSphere, JBoss, TomCat, NodeJS, and IBM DataPower is ideal for this position. The client would like this person to have experience with Apache IIS as well.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and deploy applications in an enterprise Middleware (WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, tomcat, Node.js, etc.) environment
- Partner with Engineers, Administrators, Architects, Developers and Project Managers to plan and implement applications to support business requirements.
- Utilize best practices and provide recommendations to improve application and system performance required to meet negotiated SLA's
- Define, track and maintain system configuration documents and standards.
- Responsible for providing 24/7 on-call coverage on a rotating basis.
- Bachelor's degree in the Computer Science, Information Services, Mathematics, Engineering or related field or its equivalent in terms of experience is required.
- 4+ years of experience working with Enterprise-level Java application delivery systems (WebLogic, JBOSS, Tomcat) required.
- 4+ years of experience supporting web-based delivery systems (Apache, IIS) required.
- Experience supporting applications in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment
- The ability to understand and construct Firewall rules that securely enable the delivery of applications.
- Experience utilizing application monitoring tools such as APM, App Dynamics, and OEM.
- Experience working with key office automation tools such as Visio, PowerPoint and Word.
Additional Beneficial Experience
- Experience supporting Web Services Standards and Technologies (XML, SOAP, WSDL, XSD, DDI, REST, etc.)
- Experience supporting IBM DataPower XML/WAF Gateways (or similar services)
- Experience supporting Web Services API Standards, Tools and Technologies
- Experience developing automation scripts and tasks to drive efficiencies
- Experience working with Automation and configuration management tools (Ansible, Terraform, etc...)
- Experience designing and managing complex systems
- Experience developing change, version, and configuration control management systems.