Freelance Azure Cloud Engineer - Brussels - EN/FR speaking
Posted on May 26, 2021 by Energize Recruitment
One of Energize Tech's key clients in Belgium are currently looking for a freelance Azure Cloud Engineer to join their growing team in Brussels.
Key info below;
- Start: ASAP
- Until: 31/12/2021
- Market rate
- Must speak fluent English with good understanding of French or Dutch
- 100% remote during C19, based in Brussels post-C19
The team you will join if successful develops continuously the Cloud Landscape to support Marketing & Sales and its customers with efficient digital tools. Within the team we have a clear cloud first strategy. Both Azure and AWS are in usage with a big preference for Azure.
Some of the most important services we use include
- Virtual machines
- Storage accounts
- PaaS Databases (SQL server, postgresql, MySQL)
- Azure Kubernetes Services
- Azure Firewall
The entire rollout, management and configuration of cloud infrastructure components is done with an DevOps mindset. All configuration is stored as code in a git repository and pushed release pipelines.
As a member of the team, your main tasks consist of;
- Based on requirements, define the optimal cloud solution/architecture for the different teams. This is always done together with the rest of the team and with a PaaS over SaaS mindset.
- Develop ARM templates and perform deployments (all using Azure DevOps to facilitate this)
- Continuously seek to improve security and implement measures related to GDPR (eg bring your own key, integration with AAD, disable access keys)
- Ensure we make the most efficient use of the cloud platform
- Follow-up new features, cost optimizations
- Troubleshoot issues like connectivity, performance etc
- Write small azure functions to automate infra tasks
- You are very familiar with the Microsoft Azure Cloud and the different Services offered (with a main focus on PaaS components)
- You can develop and maintain ARM templates (knowledge of terraform or ansible is a plus)
- You have affinity with security and GDRP related aspects
- You have a DevOps mindset and affinity with software development
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps Service is a must
- You have a strong knowledge of Linux & containerized environments
- You have knowledge of Powershell and bash Scripting
- You should have excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- You are able to suggest &implement improvements
- You are customer-oriented, solution-minded and you have a learning mentality
- You are a good communicator and can work efficiently and independently
- Fluent in English and good understanding of French or Dutch
- Microsoft Azure Stack: Minimum 4 years
- Linux - System Administration: Minimum 2 years
- CI/CD Tooling (Azure DevOps or equivalent): 2 years
- Scripting (Bash + other Scripting Language)
If this sounds like a good fit, please apply with your most up to date CV and we can arrange a call if your profile matches. If you're not currently available but know someone who is looking for their next freelance assignment, please forward this on and ask them to reach out.
We look forward to hearing from you at the soonest!