UX Lead Designer
Posted on May 26, 2021 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
- Represent a design perspective in assigned Tribe and lead relationship with product management and engineering.
- Help define and implement solutions for product direction, visuals and experience.
- Oversee UX designers assigned to squads while communicating project details, timing, and deliverables/
- Ability to execute all visual design and user interface stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering through implementation.
- Support ideation sessions between diverse groups to properly frame complex problems.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers and then translate into design deliverables.
- Translate complex business requirements into storyboards, detailed user flows, wireframes, visual design mockups, process flows and sitemaps to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors.
- Create mock-ups and prototypes to support user research and communicate interaction and design ideas and direction.
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets.
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields.
- Develop and maintain detailed product design documentation.
- Support the presentation and defense of designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (eg responsiveness).
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are properly implemented.
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback and testing.
PRIMARY OUTPUT AND DELIVERABLES:
. Prototypes, wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
. Detailed user flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors
. Ideation sessions with other members of the extended product team
BACKGROUND AND QUALIFICATIONS:
. 5+ years in UX field with an emphasis on interaction design for web and mobile apps.
. Proven UI experience with a strong design portfolio.
. Experience managing teams and multiple project details and deliverables
. Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
. Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
. Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
. Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
. Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
. Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
. Ability to quickly visualize concepts for solutions for transactional services for consumer or business clients.
. Experience in supporting usability studies and analysing research results
. Ability to collaborate with Front End developers and engineers
. Knowledge of Figma and wireframe tools (eg Wireframe.cc)
. Familiarity with Design Thinking methodology and experience putting principles into practice
. Team spirit; strong communication skills to lead squads of designers and collaborate with various stakeholders
. Good time-management skills
. BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related fields
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries utilizing a complete suite of staffing services. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting the website.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future