Lead Mechanical Engineer
Posted on May 26, 2021 by Morson Group
Our client is a major global player in the Nuclear industry. Operating on a UK Nuclear licensed site specialising in safe, cost effective and reliable uranium enrichment services based in Capenhurst, Chester.
Outline of the role
Our engineering personnel are called upon to help solve problems throughout the asset lifecycle, providing cost-effective solutions whilst ensuring regulatory compliance from concept through to decommissioning. This role would be ideally suited to an individual looking to further develop their skills across a broad base of project and asset management work.
We offer a high degree of autonomy and flexibility to approach problems as the post holder sees fit, and the implementation of changes to yield improvements in safety, quality and cost is encouraged.
We are looking for a chartered engineer and whilst relevant experience in the nuclear industry is preferred but not required we would like to speak to candidates with experience obtained in other heavy and regulated industries are welcome. You must be able to obtain the required security clearances.
Purpose of the Job
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager, who is appointed as the Design Authority (DA), this role shall help ensure that both decommissioning projects and any new plant introduced to site meet their regulatory obligations. This shall be achieved via the means of the role holder being appointed a Design Authority Intelligent Customer (DAIC).
- The role holder shall underpin business cases for new plant by identifying and delivering engineering documentation for consumption by both internal and external stakeholders, including activities such as the selection of appropriate technology.
- The Lead Mechanical Engineer, although an SME in their discipline, is expected to deliver a broad multi-discipline view in the projects that they are assigned to. They shall act as a focal point for provision of engineering services and advise on interfaces to other disciplines such as Safety Case.
- The role holder shall deputise for the Engineering Manager when required. Such duties shall include chairing meetings, advising Engineering/Maintenance personnel on DA matters and holding financial delegations.
- There is also an expectation that this role shall directly contribute to the continuous improvement of business processes related to Engineering, support the Engineering Manager as required, conduct new business activities and assist in the development of junior engineers.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£45k - £64k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£45k - £65k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£54k - £56k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£50k - £65k Annual