Senior Cloud Engineer (Azure & AWS) - up to £80k - Fintech - Fully remote (London office)
Posted on May 25, 2021 by Nexere Consulting Limited
Lead Cloud Engineer (Azure) - up to £80k - Fintech - Fully remote (London office)
To lead and manage a team of Infrastructure and Application Support Analysts, supporting and mentoring the team to build, deploy and support an industry leading financial technology product set using robust architectural best practice and innovation software solutions delivering business value.
Expected to have a minimum of 4+ years relevant technical experience with the aspiration to move into a Team Lead role. Ideally within the financial or E-commerce sectors (though not essential), with responsibility of the role is to engineer solutions that span across a number of cloud-based technologies including mobile application deployment through our core platforms into 3rd party applications/suppliers that deliver the end-to-end customer experience.
Key skills and experience
- A senior level Engineer with strong and successful technical lead experience
- Experience of motivating staff to deliver projects with stretching scope and objectives
- Technical understanding of cloud-based technologies and experience working in Microsoft and Amazon technology stacks
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- To keep up to date with the latest technologies and deployment methods
- To drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the team
- Azure Services experience
o Required - Cloud Services, Azure Function Apps, Traffic Manager, App Gateways, NSG, Azure Networking, Azure Files/Blob
o Desirable - Terraform/Ansible deployment, Azure DEVOPS integration, AzureAD
- AWS Services experience (Nice to have)
o Lamda, S3, EC2, Security Groups, ELB, ALB, EFS
o Desirable - Terraform/Ansible deployment, GIT, Jenkins Pipelines
o DataDog Monitoring/System wide monitoring systems (nice to have) including the configuration of systems where none are present
o Call ROTA systems
o Service Desk Manager Level knowledge of SLA's/OLA's and extensive MSP experience is running Production Services.