Business Intelligence Specialist
Posted on May 25, 2021 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
- Complete project responsibilities including design, coding, unit testing and documentation in a timely manner and at required level of quality
- Provide development estimates and timelines for scheduling and planning
- Business analysis to gather required Business Intelligence solution requirements
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to drive design and configuration
- Produce technical documentation that accurately and thoroughly depicts the software design and code base that supports QA testing, deployment and production support activities
- Identify root cause of production issues, assess the situation and provide the best outcome for solution users
- Define and implement data quality processes, monitor and detect data quality issues
- Provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of enterprise data and BI environments for both external and internal users
- Design, build and implement ETL scripts, BI Reports, and Data Visualizations & Dashboards
- Optimize complex stored procedures, scripts, functions and other BI components for best performance
- Transition developed BI systems to the Operations & Support team
- Ensure proper configuration management and change controls are implemented for your sphere of influence
- Thrive in a team environment and able to work independently as well
- Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes
- Collaborate with governance, risk, and compliance personnel on network security, data privacy, SOX and other regulatory compliance requirements.
- Participate as an escalation point of contact for critical after hour's incidents.
The successful incumbent will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related computer field strongly preferred. 5+ years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Minimum education required: Associates Degree in IT field.
- Technical vendor certifications are preferred.
- 5+ years' experience implementing enterprise-scale reporting systems, including:
- Working with users in a requirements analysis role
- Extensive use of SQL and RDBMS systems (DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.)
- Extensive experience with data warehouse implementations
- Strong knowledge of logical and physical data modelling concepts
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the following technologies:
- ETL: Integration Services (SSIS) and Azure Data Factory
- Analytics: OLAP cubes and Tabular models
- Reporting and visualization: Reporting Services (SSRS) and Power BI
- Knowledge and application of developer tools, such as Azure Dev Ops (Visual Studio Online), Git source code control, Visual Studio, Postman and Swagger
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries utilizing a complete suite of staffing services. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting our website.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future