Mainframe z/OS System Engineer
Posted on May 25, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
Prestigious Financial Institution is currently seeking a Mainframe z/OS System Engineer. Candidate will support Mainframe Services z/OS Program Products Engineering.
- Installing, maintaining, debugging and operating z/OS, z/OS ISV program products or z/OS major subsystems such as IMS, CICS or DB2.
- Programming Assembler, REXX, SAS and ISPF dialog development.
- Developing technical solution requirements, tooling and methodologies to support and lead individual or small team delivery.
- Participates in the design, development, and implementation of complex system engineering activities involving cross-functional technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities
- Strong understanding and possess working knowledge of IBM Mainframe z/OS operating system, control, structure, logic, security.
- Experience with IBM z/OS system and subsystem software and components with experience to support, develop and enhance tools and methodologies for managing large scale global deployment. Must be proficient with problem determination, analysis and resolution.
- Extensive understanding of IBM zEnterprise server hardware and facilities
- Strong knowledge and experience with SMP/E, JES2, JES3, JCL, ISPF dialog management, REXX.
- Experience with wide range of IBM and ISV product and vendor installation support tools
- Experience with IBM Assembler
- Experience with System Automation, Performance Monitoring, Communication Server, CICS, DB2, IMS, WMQ, Batch Scheduling, Change Management, Storage Management, ISPF dialog development HTML
- Planning for z/OS
- z/OS Installation
- z/OS Configuration and Customization
- z/OS Maintenance Best Practices
- z Systems Hardware/Architecture
- Parallel Sysplex Clustering
- Job Control Language (JCL)
- Batch and JES2/JES3
- Security (SAF)
- z/OS Performance Basics
- Workload Manager (WLM)
- z/OS Operations and Commands
- Transaction Management
- Database Management
- Networking (Communications Server)
- WebSphere Messaging and Queuing
- HTTP Server
- WebSphere Application Server
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery