Technical Writer One-D Platforms
Posted on May 25, 2021 by ITech Consult
Technical Writer One-D Platforms - AsciiDoc, Project-based experience, documentation-as-code practices, technical processes, English
For our client in the Pharma industry based in Basel we are looking for a Technical Writer One-D Platforms.
We are looking for experienced Technical Writers to support various One-D platforms and systems across various Pharma Research IT project teams. The pRED Operations Programme Management Office coordinates the One-D vision to support scientists in meeting their ambitious 10-year goals in delivering disease cures, digitalized clinical study concepts, and digital healthcare solutions.
The successful candidate will collaborate with various IT project roles in various IT projects in developing and realizing system or application user support content in an Agile environment on new systems and applications.
Digitalization for researchers is the underlying documentation topic, specifically for system and application users in research functions like analytics, automation and decision-support. Also included are technology issues like FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable) data and Artificial Intelligence.
The perfect candidate has a proven background as a Technical writer, some experience working in a pharmaceutical environment or exposure to healthcare industry, a very good technical IT understanding (much of the job will be performed according to the "documentation as code" approach) and the required Soft Skills to work in this interface function. Due to the very technical environment of the Projects/the Program, typical Technical Writing Tools (HTML, CSS, Word, gDocs) will not be the main instruments. Final content will be produced in AsciiDoc.
We are open for remote Swiss based candidates.
Areas of responsibility:
* Proactively and independently, collaborate with members of various teams comprising informatics experts, software engineers and life science experts to produce audience and readerrelevant content in agile scrum sprints.
* Develop and maintain content in asciidoc format in line with a "documentation-as-code" framework.
* Write and continuously update system, application and other technical content according to project requirements and timelines.
* Ensure high-quality content or documentation contributions to one or several document repositories.
* Ensure documentation compliance to established processes, standards and styles.
* Create, update and edit user training content, stakeholder communication.
* Possible support in creating other content for protocols, reports, presentations, user training.
Professional and technical requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline; or Bachelor's Degree in journalism or communication with a focus on or experience in technology and information or natural sciences
* Experience, enthusiasm or willingness to produce final content in AsciiDoc markup language (markdown)
* 5y+ experience as a professional Technical Writer
* Project-based work experience in the pharmaceutical industry
* Experience in the Google Productivity Suite (Google Docs, Drive, Sheets)
* Understands technical processes and communicates them well to others, so that scientific and technical ideas and processes are understandable to readers in various, possibly less technical but highly skilled fields of expertise
* Motivated in collaborating with authors and other project team contributors to create audiencerelevant content, organizing reviews, compiling input and corrections, identifying logical inconsistencies, and providing final publishable documentation
* Fluent in English and strong command of the language, including proper use of spelling, grammar, and typical technical writing standards
* Good understanding of documentation-as-code practices or willingness to adapt
* Strong communication skills; awareness of the themes that surround user adoption of technology
* Proven ability to work in a multicultural geographically distributed team
Nice to Haves:
* Competent in the use of templates in both narrative and graphic content
* Experience in projects using Agile methodology and the Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence)
* Enthusiasm about technology and innovation to support delivering treatments to patients
* Contributes to discussions aimed at the continuous improvement of processes and guidelines
* Experience with markdown editors, Git, Jira and Antora, HTML
* Ability to train and coach others
Reference no: 920319 AD
Role: Technical Writer One-D Platforms
Industry: Pharmaceutical industry
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Start date: ASAP
Duration: until 31.12.2021, with possible extension
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.