Embedded Software Engineer Cyber Security
Posted on May 25, 2021 by TALENT - IT
Does a unique career in automotive engineering sound appealing?
Do you have a passion for excellence?
Ready to become an essential member of a close team?
Able to relocate to Belgium?
The Embedded software team is part of the R&D department that develops automatic transmissions, hybrid and full electric powertrains. This team is responsible for the development of Embedded software that is used in our future products.
- Actively participate in applying cyber security best practices to product development projects both technical and from a processes point of view.
- Support product programs with additional cyber security needs, analysing the product and formulating requirements for achieving the cyber security goals.
- Conduct risk assessments to prioritize threats and compare mitigation strategies.
- Model and plan for likely vulnerabilities through technical examination
- In case of a security breach event you will drive remediation.
- Audit Embedded code to identify security vulnerabilities.
- Specify and conduct penetration tests.
- Develop approaches with operations teams for rolling out security in the production line incl. updates, etc.
- Implement and design Cybersecurity related software.
- Integrating cyber security OEM and third-party components.
Key words: Embedded software, CERT, ISO 21434, cyber security, cryptography.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or the equivalent.
- experience with secure architecture design is plus.
- Familiarity with Secure Coding practices, processes and methods.
- Security expertise in one or more of: C, C++, recent micro controller architectures, CAN, cryptography, exploit development.
- Experience with writing requirements, test procedures and use case development.
- General understanding of CAN network, Ethernet, Firewalls and secure architecture development.
- Strong investigative and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, take ownership of project deliverables, go above and beyond the task at hand, excellent communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain technical documentation as required
- Knowledge with cryptographic algorithms and protocols (AES, PKI, CMAC, SHA 256, ECDSA etc.)
- Hardware experience is a plus but is not required.
- 2+ years of experience in a cyber security position with technical cyber security expertise and knowledge.
- You will join a respected, fast growing company with an outspoken international orientation in the challenging world of automotive industry.
- We offer a dynamic work environment, the chance to grow within the company and to develop your competences in new technologies.
- You can count on motivated colleagues, professional space for creativity and initiative and short communication lines.
- We provide a congestion-free access and an attractive salary package with all kinds of fringe benefits.