MES/Historian project manager
Posted on May 25, 2021 by TALENT - IT
As project manager for MES/Historian, you will be responsible for the implementation of these key applications as part of our Digital Transformation program taking accountability for the overall QCDP of the MES/Historian project.
Main task is to execute demand management with our clients and to coordinate internal resources and third party vendor for flawless execution of the project
- Manage the relationship with the different stakeholders including the clients
- Ensure that all implementations are delivered on time, within scope and budget and use verification techniques to manage changes
- Develop project scope and objectives by involving all relevant stakeholders ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress aligned with the overall program format
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems tools and techniques
- Perform Risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- You are a bridge between the different departments that are involved in this project by applying open and honest communication driven to deliver results as well as being a people manager creating trust and cooperation between the business and IT teams.
- You manage and coach your project team, consisting out of business and IT colleagues, to a successful implementation
- You assure integration with other interfacing applications
- You are at ease operating in a challenging international automotive environment
- You report to the Digital Transformation program leader
- You have >5 years proven track record in implementing MES and/or ERP in a manufacturing company and (or related) applications;
- You are a strong, fact based, communicator and a people manager, open and honest communication is your strength
- Excellent client facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (important: on point reporting)
- You have a deep understanding of quality management processes in an automotive environment (SPC, Error proofing, Control plans, 8D, etc)
- You have a good understanding of Business planning processes (IBP, SIOP, MPS, etc) and related planning tools.
- You have a good understanding of ERP (SCM, QM, FI/CO, etc) and MES applications and how they operate together
- You have a broader understanding of all business processes and how they relate to each other
- You have good understanding of the English language, French is a plus.
- You are stress resistant and are accustomed to working under time pressure
- Proven working experience as a project manager
- Solid Organization and Leadership skills
- PMP/Prince ll certification is a plus
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Project