Posted on May 25, 2021 by Hart Learning & Development
SALARY: UPTO £37k, plus pension and performance-related pay
Location: Flexible with location. Stevenage, or remote working, with requirement to come to the Stevenage campus for important meetings from time to time, or a mix of working at STEVENAGE and remote working.
We're passionate about helping people realise their potential and we're determined to do an amazing job - whether we're helping NHC students get to where they want to be in life or helping Hart L&D clients attract and retain the talent they need.
Working to the Director of MIS, Exams and Reporting you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the College student records systems. This will involve the integration and transfer of data between the significant college systems, including but not limited to Unit-E, ProAchieve, the data warehouse and data cube.
Assist the Head of Reporting and Reporting Manager in the creation and delivery of high-quality proactive reports and performance analysis to the Hart Learning Group, to inform, enable and drive Group strategy and facilitate operations.
Assist both the marketing and HR departments with key systems of operation, including the College website to meet the needs of the College business processes.
To liaise with both external providers and the College IT department to ensure that College systems are maintained, up to date and operating in an optimal manner.
- Up to £37k basic salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Participation in group-wide Performance Related Pay (PRP) scheme
role and responsibilities
- Develop the use of the data warehouse and cube to automate provision of trend analysis and predictive modelling, keeping a detailed specification of structure and criteria to ensure consistency of output in relation to reporting from other sources.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management and maintenance of the Group's key student record system UNIT-e, using understanding of the functionality of UNIT-e modules and referencing other systems to plan and implement improvements.
- Work with key stakeholders across the Group to understand and document sources of data and develop specifications for new reporting or information system requirements which fully support the overall Group strategy and operational requirements.
- Support the Head of Reporting with designing, delivering and maintaining a comprehensive suite of complex reports and interactive dashboards which draw information together from various sources to enable HLG staff to access operational and performance management information.
- Develop use data visualisation techniques to undertake deep dive analytics and to deliver complex information in simple formats.
- Develop, design and test new reports and applications, in conjunction with other internal teams and external vendors, in order to meet the business needs of the College.
- To troubleshoot database, infrastructure and system issues, liaising with internal colleagues and external agencies as appropriate to bring about effective and timely resolutions.
- Support other corporate service departments with key College systems.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are appropriate with this level of post as required.
- Knowledge of data warehouses and cubes to automate production of trend analysis, structuring and building queries using MDX would be an advantage.
- Strong technical skills in set up and use of the student records systems and associated views, warehouse routines and other scheduled services. Experience in an educational environment is desirable.
- Excellent technical skills in reporting from relational databases, using report development tools such as SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Management Studio to extract data from a range of systems.
- Ability to engage proactively with colleagues across the Group to ensure key data, trends and patterns are understood and used to inform and drive thinking and actions.
- Ability to use BI tools and data visualisation techniques to push MI on into delivery of proactive insights in more simple formats.
- Qualified in an IT-based analytical discipline (e.g. Maths, Stats, Physics, etc.), preferably to degree level, or with significant work experience in a related area.
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to work independently, plan, prioritise and work effectively under pressure.
- A proactive approach to resolving problems and queries.
who we are
Hart Learning & Development (Hart L&D) is a progressive, national learning and development business that helps businesses to improve and grow.
At Hart L&D, we encourage businesses of all sizes to think about how they engage with emerging talent across three distinct phases:
- The engaging phase is about businesses building a relationship with their future workforce, working with young people to inform and inspire them about careers in their sector and providing them with invaluable experience.
- The training phase is about how businesses attract and train young people through apprenticeship, graduate trainee and other programmes.
- The progressing phase is about how businesses retain and help their talented employees to progress in their business through e.g. higher-level apprenticeships, professional development and future leaders' initiatives.
We deliver apprenticeships, traineeships, professional qualifications and apprenticeship levy advice to businesses of all sizes.
We are currently working towards an ambitious five-year strategy. To realise our strategy, we need the best people around. We're building an amazing team, all of whom share our passion, pace and commitment to helping businesses improve and grow, and getting young people where they want to be in life.
We believe passionately in the power of education to enrich lives, raise aspirations and create prosperity for individuals, businesses and the communities we work in.
By 2023, we want to be known as an exceptional place to study, where we provide students with an inspiring curriculum that develops the skills, knowledge and behaviours they need to be successful in their lives and future careers.
We will help provide a skilled workforce that powers the regional economy and meets the current and future needs of employers.
We will be a valued and visible part of our community, making a positive contribution and working with a diverse range of community organisations to improve the lives of residents.
RESPECT: We value the contribution that each member of our community makes. We ensure that we are an inclusive, welcoming and open organisation that encourages and values different thinking and perspectives.
AMBITION: We have high expectations about what we, our colleagues and our learners can achieve. We are a true learning organisation that is eager to continue to improve and develop.
PROFESSIONALISM: We conduct ourselves in a professional way. We commit to developing our knowledge, skills and experience to better do our jobs.
INSPIRATION: We motivate and instil a sense of belief in ourselves, our colleagues and our learners. We have a strong 'can do' ethos and believe that enjoying what we do is important.
INTEGRITY: We act in an open and honest way. We see trust as central to the way that we work, we do what we say we will do.
COMMUNITY: We are committed to building a community where everyone has a voice, feels supported and can thrive. We are committed to being an active and responsible part of our local and wider communities.
EXCELLENCE: We strive for excellence in everything we do. We encourage and challenge ourselves and each other to do the very best for our learners, colleagues and community.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£35k - £45k Annual
£35k - £35k Annual
£18 - £20 Hourly
£44k - £48k Annual
£45k - £52k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual
£30.8k - £34.6k Annual