DS Project Manager PLM & SAP Logistics - French speaking role
Posted on May 23, 2021 by ComTech Europe Limited
My client is looking for an experienced DS Project Manager with PLM & SAP Logistics experience for the following.
- Implementation of a product life cycle management (PLM) solution in support of research and development of new products
- Implementation of a SAP logistics integration project with an external WMS
The DS Project Manager PLM & SAP logistics is the counter part of the Business Project Manager for projects focusing on implementing (new) software solutions in support of business processes within the company. The DS project manager is responsible for the management of the project scope, planning, activities, validation, budget and stakeholder management at IS side. The DS Project Manager is a natural communicator and leader and facilitate dialogue between business teams (project manager), DS team and external IT partner. This enables him to provide adequate project context to deliver reliable business and DS solutions, and to ensure that activities, deliverables and decisions are aligned between stakeholders. The DS project manager works closely with the Enterprise Architect, with the Applications Service responsible and with the Infrastructure and Support responsible.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead projects end to end from an DS viewpoint, with team members from the DS team (business analysts, application engineer, enterprise architect) and from the external IT partner of the solution as well, in close coordination with the business project manager and its business project resources (process owners, business core team members, key-users of the solution).
- Ensure project management plan with the IS project team, with the business project manager and with the project sponsor, to outline project scope, high level architecture, resources needs (internal and external), planning, internal man days and external budget.
- Ensure project organization around DS tracks within the project, DS roles and responsibilities, DS key deliverables, DS work packages and associated activities. Ensure a strong set-up of the project accordingly to the project organization.
- Ensure reviews and decisions taking process on well-defined deliverables and milestones, inside the project team.
- Ensure continuous management of the different work streams and associated activities with the project team and motivate project team members towards qualitative and committed design and solution delivery.
- Ensure continuous management of issues and risks and act accordingly on these ones inside the organization at various level (from project team level to executive level).
- Ensure successful project delivery within deadlines, scope, budget and required quality with respect to the project management plan.
- Ensure the preparation of the Go To Service early enough in the project life cycle to ensure a proper transition from post go-live phase ( hypercare ) to service activities in the application services team.
- Ensure continuous up to date knowledge around project management in general, project management in more agile contexts and software development life cycle.
- Understand, advocate and support DS, architecture and applicative solution strategy and related policies and standards inside the IS department and towards the business community as well.
- Lead in the development and maintenance of DS project management policies and standards and advocate on this inside DS and towards the business community as well.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor in Computer Science or Economics or Engineering.
- Good written skills, excellent communication skills (content and layout wise and as body ).
- Experience in project management based on known frameworks, methods and tools.
- Experience in project management is required and should cover business driven and transformation based projects aiming at implementing (new) software solutions inside the organization.
- Experience in project management should cover both of the following typical software solutions being SAP LOGISTICS & PLM.
- Experience in project management including internal resources (business analyst, application engineer, development) and external IT partner of the solution is required.
- Experience in software development and implementation as business analyst or solution designer, prior to being a professional project manager, is required for a good mastering of the software development life cycle inside the project delivery.
- Experience in landscape combining SAP and non SAP systems is required.
- Good understanding of project governance and governance in general is required, and especially the triangle enterprise architecture - project implementation - service delivery.
- Must be fluent French & English speaker for this role
Pluses in the selection are the knowledge of some of the following domains:
- Project management framework certification (Prince2, PMI)
- Object Oriented application development
- Development methods (waterfall, agile)
- Service management framework (ITIL)
- Configuration and code versioning
- Release management