Manager of Business Applications
Posted on May 23, 2021 by The Royak Group Inc.
The Manager of Business Applications is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of, and personnel within, the Business Applications, Project Management and Quality Assurance functions of the IT organization. Position requires formulating priorities consistent with the organization's vision, while being responsive to growth. Lastly, the position is responsible for fostering the growth of capabilities of the department, and the individuals therein.
- Maintaining and developing the Business Applications group's Lifecycle Operations
- Oversee applications supporting: Utility Billing, Financial Accounting, Workforce Management, Asset Management, Geographic Information Systems, Reporting, Batch Scheduling, and their respective components
- Assures that a roadmap and life cycle is developed for the portfolio
- Anticipate and identify technology/business needs implementing new processes, enhancements, applications, and services
- Assures coverage for on-call 24/7 incident management support to the production environment, directing workflow and escalating issues where appropriate
- Maintain and develop monitoring tools for Business Applications, including security, performance, data, functionality, and configurations
- Enforce and develop requirements related to the IT stack supporting Business Applications (eg OS settings, DB settings, Application Settings, back-ups, authentication, etc.), based on manufacturer published authoritative guidance and/or company policy. Works with other IT team members to implement and monitor requirements
- Assures the use of approved methodologies for PM and QA initiatives
- Maintain and develop success criteria for all PM and QA initiatives
- Provide oversight for PM activities including; scoping, product feature/cost comparisons, requests for proposals, statements of work, licensing agreements, project plans, and continuous monitoring
- Provide oversight for QA activities including smoke, unit, function, regression, and user acceptance testing
- Monitors all expenses and capital expenditures against budgeted expectations
- Prepares draft budgets (personnel, expense, and capital) for submission
- Assist staff with developing application roadmaps, isolating critical decision points and paths forward
- Set project priorities according to strategic and tactical imperatives
- Enforce adherence to Sarbanes-Oxley key controls, company policies, and department practices
- Comply with and support activities initiated by Audit personnel
- Oversee preparation for, and draft responses to audit and security assessments
- Oversee implementation of approved audit and assessment recommendations
- Develop strategic and tactical priorities
- Employ persons with appropriate skills and experience; provides training paths and supervision
- Routinely assesses the staffing pattern, delegation of work, volume, and workflow to assure efficiency and effectiveness
- Provides a work environment that sets clear targets, deadlines, and communication checkpoints
- Assures customer satisfaction for the affected Business Departments
- Makes formal recommendations to the Director and IT Steering Committee regarding the impact and advisability of existing or new programs, controls, and policies.
- Present timely updates to management through appropriate channels, tailored to the audience
- Performs hands-on technical tasks when necessary
- Perform any and all other appropriate functions as required.
- Minimum of ten years' experience in Business Systems/Applications through full life cycle migrations or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three or more years of leadership responsibilities including strategy, budgeting and staffing.
- Extensive experience in commercial software or outsourced solutions selection and deployment.
- Knowledgeable and hands on experience with utility billing applications, financial applications, enterprise reporting tools, enterprise batch schedulers, Oracle SQL, Microsoft SQL, Linux OS, and Windows OS.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline from an accredited college or university